End My Confusion

Paul Clark

This doesn't seem right.
Any suggestions or opinions would be welcome.
19 lbs. of boost w/alky.
I just got 02s of 847 with KR of 18.8.
This was punching it in OD and having it downshift.

:eek: Is it still running? Got to be false knock from something else or I would think it would have been towed home!

Must be false. Check the motor and tranny mounts, the DP, and anything else that can possibly hit the frame. Fill us in with your combo.

Jason

I've seen like 24+ degrees retard... Of course when I first bought the car and the boost was not under control. I am still running the same motor 2 years later... Actually I knocked on it a bunch, lasted way better than I ever thought.. I know its not false cause false knock doesnt sound like that :eek:

Oh ya, if you downshift like that real fast and the boost comes on quick, it could be that the alky needed to be primed first, and the boost hit 19# before any alky was actually sprayed. Verify that the alky system is workin' correctly and quickly.. Good luck

This doesn't seem right.
Any suggestions or opinions would be welcome.
19 lbs. of boost w/alky.
I just got 02s of 847 with KR of 18.8.
This was punching it in OD and having it downshift.
isnt 847 very rich for alky should be around 750 could be a rich knock

If the problem only shows up on down shift=transmission.

If you bring rpms up in gear.. and mat the pedal and no knock.. then your problem is transmission.

If you bring the boost up slowly and the knock numbers start escalating.. then its a fuel or alky problem.

840's means there is fuel.. I say tranny.

Do the manual gear test.. post back.

Playing with alky I have come to find that nozzle size is important when turning up the boost. I foolishly turned up the boost on a M3 nozzle and got tons of KR, went to a bigger nozzle and it cleared up, even the high gear knock.

I had the same issue and it was to much alky, bring boost down to stock levels and shut alky off and work up from there if kr has gone away