embroidered headrest covers

Glenn_A

anyone know if they're still available? Back in the early 90's, I can't remember, but i think Postons sold the headrest covers having the full Grand National logo, which Buick should have done in the first place....wouldn't mind a set like I had in my original GN back then

Get a set of blank ones and send them to me I can put the logo on them. I think gbody sells them blank

DId you check w/ Jax seatcovers? I just installed my leather interior &the headrests have the correct 6 on them; they may have cloth...
HTH
D :cool:

headrest covers

I checked out JAX, but their site says they're not making any at this time

You might have to call them. I don't think they offer it due to copy-write issues but I'm pretty sure they still have them with the turbo 6 embroidery. For a time they were making them putting the turbo six embroidery without the point on the logo but I think they went back to it. If they don't offer it just buy some blanks off them, have them dropped shipped to me, I'll embroider the turbo six logo on them and send them to you.

rests

I think you guys may be missing what I'm getting at.......I'm talking about the whole GN logo-checkered flag and Grand National wording, not just the Power 6 logo......

Well I can do that as well if you get a blank headrest and send it to me. ;)

I have this one...

3691363264_5819d4813c_b.jpg

and this one...

3752281722_17915eae5f_o.jpg

......welllllll now we're talking......thats looks like good quality work there...now to get get me some blanks to send ur way

Rev, which leather did you get? (black and gray or solid black) I really like the looks of either. What is your opinion of the quality? Thanks, Rex

Rex,

I got the 2-tone black & gray. Denise at Jax told me the gray is a little darker than the cloth (it is) but that it goes better with the color scheme of the interior (it does) so far it looks pretty good. I bought the package deal w/pleated door panels, carpet and headliner (Thanks IRS:cool:). I'm laying in FatMat (dynamat) before putting in the carpet so the seats are still out. My buddy needs a new headliner so its all good:biggrin:

I did the install myself; Quality seems top notch! You do have to cut holes for headrest & such and you must have hog-ring pliers (I think Jax sells them) I got a cheap pair online for about $10 (but should have spent more for a more comfortable and beefier tool) The removal/installation is a pretty straightforward but I did take a lot of digital photos for reference. It can be a bit frustrating, but if I can do it anyone can.:redface:
The headrests were a real pain until Denise tipped me off on placing a plastic grocery bag over the foam and using a shop-vac to collapse the foam down to fit the cover over it; the seams gave way a little but it really isn't noticeable (I hope!)

I'll try to upload pics as soon as my camera shows up again!
HTH

Rex,

I got the 2-tone black & gray. Denise at Jax told me the gray is a little darker than the cloth (it is) but that it goes better with the color scheme of the interior (it does) so far it looks pretty good. I bought the package deal w/pleated door panels, carpet and headliner (Thanks IRS:cool:). I'm laying in FatMat (dynamat) before putting in the carpet so the seats are still out. My buddy needs a new headliner so its all good:biggrin:

I did the install myself; Quality seems top notch! You do have to cut holes for headrest & such and you must have hog-ring pliers (I think Jax sells them) I got a cheap pair online for about $10 (but should have spent more for a more comfortable and beefier tool) The removal/installation is a pretty straightforward but I did take a lot of digital photos for reference. It can be a bit frustrating, but if I can do it anyone can.:redface:
The headrests were a real pain until Denise tipped me off on placing a plastic grocery bag over the foam and using a shop-vac to collapse the foam down to fit the cover over it; the seams gave way a little but it really isn't noticeable (I hope!)

I'll try to upload pics as soon as my camera shows up again!
HTH

Good to here. I have had my eye on those for some time. Thanks