Elvis Still #1

Elvis Presley. For the third year in a row, Elvis remains King of the crypt, earning a stunning $40 million. Visits to Graceland were up 4% in the past year, to 600,000. A techno version of the forgotten song "Rubberneckin" was used in a Toyota commercial. Bono, Tom Petty and Dave Matthews appeared on an NBC tribute last fall to strum and sing Presley tunes. And in the clearest sign that Elvis never really left the building, his 30 #1 Hits compilation CD sold more than 9 million copies around the world. A follow-up collection, 2nd to None, was released in mid-October and featured more hit singles and the previously unreleased "I'm a Roustabout." It sold 181,000 copies its first week in the stores.

Where is Led Zeppelin and Kiss.
:D :D

Thumbs up to the King:cool: :cool:

What do you mean dead? Elvis served me a Double Double at the In N Out drive through just yesterday. :D :D

Originally posted by njturbo
Where is Led Zeppelin and Kiss.
:D :D

>>>>Last time I checked most of Led Zeppelin and KISS we're still 6 feet above ground and at a proportionate height and weight for an adult male.

I'm sure most of the money is from licensing, marketing etc, but it's still amazing that the cd's still sell so much. The only times I hear anything on the radio is the anniversary of his death or birthday. Says a lot for name recognition. Priscilla is a heck of a business woman.

With state of music today, it's good to see people still know who will always be the king. There are millions of new fans discovering Elvis's voice every year.
Hip hop and Rap crap will fade as people discover real music from from the 50s - 80s. Long live Rock and Roll, I have got to go to garage and listen to a little Chuck Berry and Elvis.

Originally posted by Buicksx2
>>>>Last time I checked most of Led Zeppelin and KISS we're still 6 feet above ground and at a proportionate height and weight for an adult male.

Just kidding Rich. I happen to like Led Zeppelin and Kiss. Just wanted to make sure you know who the king of Rock-n Roll was:D :D

Yes Priscilla is one hell of a business woman, what a empire she built. To think when he died or disappeared Graceland was almost broke. :eek: :cool:

I have all 5 Sun records of Elvis, I cannot believe when i had them appraised, as one is worth $1800.00:eek:

Originally posted by Bobtempest
Hip hop and Rap crap will fade as people discover real music from from the 50s - 80s. Long live Rock and Roll, I have got to go to garage and listen to a little Chuck Berry and Elvis.

Yeah, rock died in Seattle, in the early 90's IMHO. I to hope for a revival of music that's fun and rocks. Music is so serious and depressing these days.

It seems like Rap and Hip Hop are taking over. With 2 kids i see no point in letting them listen to who got shot, drugs, and life in the hood. IMO it promotes things that i would rather not listen too.
:rolleyes:

Hey this is probably a bit off topic but does anybody know how old Priscilla was when she married Elvis?? I think I heard that she was pretty young like 18 or maybe even 17 and he was in his late 20's or early 30's...... Guess that sort of thing was no big deal back in the day......

Elvis Presley. A techno version of the forgotten song "Rubberneckin" was used in a Toyota commercial. .... his 30 #1 Hits compilation CD sold more than 9 million ...Thumbs up to the King:cool: :cool:

Very cool. I bought that #1 compilation when it first came out. I don't have any black velvet on my walls or anything, but the guy made good music.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I was wondering if the Toyota commercial was really an Elvis tune. What album is that available on?

[:)

Originally posted by 86brick
Hey this is probably a bit off topic but does anybody know how old Priscilla was when she married Elvis?? I think I heard that she was pretty young like 18 or maybe even 17 and he was in his late 20's or early 30's...... Guess that sort of thing was no big deal back in the day......

Priscilla was 22 years old when she married Elvis. She first met him when she was 14 years old. She was born in 1945. They met in 1959 and got married in 1967--nine months later Lisa Marie was born.

Originally posted by mkazigian
Very cool. I bought that #1 compilation when it first came out. I don't have any black velvet on my walls or anything, but the guy made good music.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I was wondering if the Toyota commercial was really an Elvis tune. What album is that available on?

[:)

The Toyota commercial is Elvis. It is a second re-mix that they did on his music. The one in the commercial is called "Rubberneckin". The re-mix is available on single CD only right now. The last re-mix they did of one of his songs was also only available as a single.:D :D

Priscilla was 22 years old when she married Elvis. She first met him when she was 14 years old. She was born in 1945. They met in 1959 and got married in 1967--nine months later Lisa Marie was born.

Thanks for letting me know Travis.... Yeah that sounds right cause I remember watching a show about Elvis and they mentioned how and when Priscilla met him.....