Electronic boost control

wb's87

willrock
I'm thinking of going with electronic boost control but I have a internal gated downpipe. I'm wondering if anyone is using an electronic boost controller with a internal wastegate? What controller? pluses and minuses?? how did you set it up?

Thanks, Bill

lots of ways to go, but a lot of it depends on what you want the boost to do.

on the street you want something stable, repeatable, and driveable. On the strip you need something that ramps the boost on launch and is easy to tweak in that scenario.

the units you would use for those 2 applications are a bit different.

Bob

I have a Boost Commander with a Caspers dual solenoid harness if interested.

I love my boost leash . I sold my ams 500v2 to buy the boost leash . I love the fact it has a bump box built in with a scramble mode that will add a couple lbs of boost or whatever you set it to add .

All of the "balance pressure" style controllers need a dual-port actuator which is difficult to implement on an "internal wastegate".

Is the OP looking for a "launch boost controller" for the strip, or something for a 'driver'?

Bob

All of the "balance pressure" style controllers need a dual-port actuator which is difficult to implement on an "internal wastegate".

Is the OP looking for a "launch boost controller" for the strip, or something for a 'driver'?

Bob

I’m looking for a controller that can ramp boost in. I will be mainly using it for racing. I currently have a 2step on the Tr6. I was looking at the Boost Leash. I don’t know how it will work with internal waste gate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my boost leash . I sold my ams 500v2 to buy the boost leash . I love the fact it has a bump box built in with a scramble mode that will add a couple lbs of boost or whatever you set it to add .

Are you using internal waste gate?

Are you using internal waste gate?

No . And I would think to take full advantage of a electronic boost controller you would need a external waste gate . I also run Co2 with no spring in my gate . Here is a picture of my setup.

Attachments

• B79D7161-0A9C-468E-BE04-4F2754684901.jpeg
    B79D7161-0A9C-468E-BE04-4F2754684901.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Boost leash for the win!!
Tack weld the arm for the stock wastegate so it can’t move. Put external gate on header or x over and your all set

Boost leash for the win!!
Tack weld the arm for the stock wastegate so it can’t move. Put external gate on header or x over and your all set

Thank you! I was wondering how people going from internal to external did it. I don’t really want to buy a new down pipe. Do you know if there’s different versions of the Boost Leash/Pulse Leash? I can research it NP. I just thought I’d ask.

there are some dual-port actuators for internal gates available. But I don't know anyone who has adapted them to a Buick. Robert Wilson also made one
from a pneumatic cylinder which looked pretty cool.

Its likely that installing an external gate is your best path. The ISAC can do launch boost control like that with an internal wastegate, but you are still limited how low the
boost can go.

Bob

there are some dual-port actuators for internal gates available. But I don't know anyone who has adapted them to a Buick. Robert Wilson also made one
from a pneumatic cylinder which looked pretty cool.

Its likely that installing an external gate is your best path. The ISAC can do launch boost control like that with an internal wastegate, but you are still limited how low the
boost can go.

Bob

Thanks Bob. With my old setup I used the 2step as launch control. I’m thinking with the electronic controller I will be able to ramp the Boost more precisely. I really like the pulse feature on the Leash also. Do you know other ways to stage the car under Boost on the trans brake?