electrical problem.....please help!!!!!!!!

TTAfreak

scanmaster is only reading anywhere between 10.1 and 11.4 volts.

have replaced alternator, and battery.

anyone have any ideas? I have replaced the fuel pump with a walbro but have not yet installed my hotwire kit.

I wouldnt think this has anything to do with it????????

any ideas?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

With the keyonengoff...does the volt light come on?
I had a circumstance like yours when I replaced the batt, alt, belt, then I cleaned out the volt light in the dash and that seemed to have helped me...good luck.

im thinkin no.

cant tell which one is the volt light, but the only three lights that come on are the

service engine soon
"seatbelt"
security (which goes out after a couple of seconds)

which light is the volt light?

thanks robbie.

you guys have no idea how frustrating this is.

as stated, battery and alt are bot new. car sitting in driveway at idle and scanmaster reads high 11s.

turn on headlights and radio, and it drops to mid 10s.

and will eventually drop below 10 and get so low that car wont even run.

put charger on battery and once charged, it does fine for a few minutes, untill it starts to drain again.

im an idiot when it comes to electrical (which explains why ive already replaced the battery and alt without knowing what the problem is)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Call up one of your TTA buds..ask them if there's a volt light and check out what I mentioned...
Food for thought...did you mess up a ground somewhere?

the only TTA people i know are on this board......haha....hopefully they will give us some advice.

as far as grounds......ive hooked up razors alky kit, and installed that fuel pump.....but all that checks out.

im still wondering if NOT having the hotwire kit on the car yet could be affecting things.

hmmmmmmm

Check your alternator connections and make sure there is no corrosion along with connections around the battery and your battery ground. If you don't find any corosion on any of them then measure the resistance of the wire going from your alternator to your battery. Beyond that I dunno.

no corosion anywhere. all connections look great.

gonna get out the voltmeter tonight and start checking things. if i dont find the problem soon, a very nice, 10k mile, tastefully modded TTA will be up for sale.

:D

Hey, I can Attest FIRST HAND to the Frustration that electrical Gremlins can cause - See my thread below - Anyhow, YES your Volt Light SHOULD come on, if not, it is NOT Charging and your battery will very soon go dead...
Don't drive it like this....I have the Service Manual with the TTA Supplement coming Today..so if you need further help, by ALL MEANS Let me know, and I can scan the page with the Alternator Schematic...

Brian

TClassic said:
Hey, I can Attest FIRST HAND to the Frustration that electrical Gremlins can cause - See my thread below - Anyhow, YES your Volt Light SHOULD come on, if not, it is NOT Charging and your battery will very soon go dead...
Don't drive it like this....I have the Service Manual with the TTA Supplement coming Today..so if you need further help, by ALL MEANS Let me know, and I can scan the page with the Alternator Schematic...

Brian

If you would be so kind yes, ill take a copy. fax it to 901-752-1576 Attn: Jeff

oh, and which light is my volt light? I will assume its either the one to the left or the right of the actual guage in my car.

anywhooo....its definately NOT comming on.

TTAfreak]scanmaster is only reading anywhere between 10.1 and 11.4 volts.

have replaced alternator, and battery.

anyone have any ideas? I have replaced the fuel pump with a walbro but have not yet installed my hotwire kit.

I wouldnt think this has anything to do with it????????

any ideas?

TTAfreak, check for anything that draws power. Make sure your map lights are off, cigarette lighter isn't grounded rear hatch motor isn't out of adjustment and running. Something is on and drawing power.

Do TTAs have a volt gauge. If so, then they won't have the light. If they do have a light, and it doesn't come on, then that could be your problem. Check and make sure that the bulb is not burned out. Even if it is, the car should have a special light socket with a resistor built in. Alot of times these things are missing and have been replaced with the incorrect plain ones. I just had this with my GN. I replaced the alternator twice and realized the light didn't come on with the key on engine off. I took the dash apart, and the bulb was good, and had the correct socket. It was the old connection of the dash wiring to the dash. I think that www.casperselectronics.com has a field fix for the alternator to stop fix this.

Good Luck.

TTA has a guage.

It reads just above the "low voltage" danger zone on the guage.

im losing my freakin mind over this. anyway, I will give an update late tonight or tomorrow after weve had a chance to check everything with a volt meter.

thanks for all the replies and help.

I can always count on this site when I need it.