Electrical issues-gauges

nickD

I've got a 72,000 mile car I bought at the end of September.
It has a few minor issues, one of them being the fog lamps do not work.

I took the car to the track for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's stock except for a 3" down pipe, no cat, & Razor's akly kit. On the first pass the car went 12.41@110 (1.85 60 ft) with no issues other than not being able to build boost at the line because the brakes wouldn't hold. Time for new pads and rotors. Otherwise I think the car would have went quicker with a decent 60ft.
Now to the main problem.
On the second pass about 3/4 of the way down the track the gauges shut off which also shut the alky kit down which is wired into one of the IGN slots in the fuse panel. The gauges fuse was blown, replaced it and the same thing happened on the 3rd pass.
I've checked for the obvious under the hood, battery ground and cable, and the grounds on the engine. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem.
I've also checked the wiring for the alky kit but everything looks good there and it's odd that the car made the first pass with no problems and I haven't had any issues with it driving on the street.

I'm not sure if this is in any way related to the above problem. I'm thinking it's possibly has to do with the fog lamps not working.
There is a square connector up near the firewall on the driver's side that is not plugged into anything. The wires are purple, green, red with a white stripe, and I believe a white wire also. The red wire with a white stripe hanging off the back appears to have been cut and just ends. The other wires coming from the back of the connector go into a wiring harness.
IMG_3684a.jpg

Also there's a bracket with two relays mounted on it and a ground. It looks like something, another ground? is missing. There are signs that something was connected there at some point.
IMG_3680a.jpg

IMG_3681a.jpg

There are also 3 more wires, a red and 2 gray or light blue wires that just end. pictured below
IMG_3685a.jpg

I'm more concerned with the problem I'm having at the fuse panel. I don't really care about the fog lamps, the reason I mentioned it was just incase it has anything to do with the gauges problem.
Anyone have any ideas ?

I can't speak to your unknown wiring issues, but I too was blowing gauge fuses randomly, and what I ended up doing was powering my alky pump off the switched wiper motor feed. That solved the problem for me.

I have razor alky kit to and the other week i install a 3 pillar pod with boost/wb/fuel pressure guages and it was blowing the 10amp. I knew i didnt have a short or anything like that put a 15 amp in and has been good ever since.

The alky kit can draw over 10 amps at WOT. So the source where its hooked up to needs to be able and supply more than 10 amps. So if the alky kit is wired to a 10 amp fuse.. with other stuff also hooked up.. that fuse will blow.

Three options, move it to another spot.. you can bump the fuse up to 15.. or run a relay triggered by ignition.