Electric water pump?

I'm guessing that you're making a drag only car that gets towed to the track?

Why do you figure that. im thinking about putting one on my car and i drive it. Jamie has one on hers and if i remember right she has had it on there for over 5 years. nothing wrong with a electric water pump

From the article
U.D. vs. Electric (TQ - HP)
MAX 6 6
AVG 3 3

Good article.
I will say this (In my opinion of course)

The electric water pump does not seem to make a big enough difference for the cost.
There is more HP to be gained for less $$, depending on the current set-up and use of the car.

On a Formula engine, they will spend $10K for that amount of HP, and not bat an eye.
But, everything else is already in place and about maxed out.

So, IMHO, while the HP is present, it is miniscule compared to the cost. (Note the numbers in the article ares Crank HP)
The ROI is just not there for my checkbook. :eek:

Oh yeah - - To the original question as to where to get one; Try GBodyparts.com

I'm guessing that you're making a drag only car that gets towed to the track?

Because he wants to run an electric water pump??? Really because I've ran an electric water pump for years and I drive my car everywhere and never had an issue, so I'm not sure where this statement is coming from. As far as cost the fact I can cool my car while in line to make another pass with a flip of a switch is always nice too not always about the horse power.

I use these all the time.

EWP115 (12V) ELECTRIC WATER PUMP - PART No: 8025

Basically you have to remove your stock water pump, grind off the vanes and put it back on and it just functions as a drive for your pulley. The electric pump handles all the actual water pumping.

These work super, Ive used them on daily drivers with no problem whatsoever.

We're a dealer for their US based distributor if you decide you want to go with one.

........ As far as cost the fact I can cool my car while in line to make another pass with a flip of a switch is always nice too not always about the horse power.

I fully agree with this.
I will not in minimize or underestimate your accomplishments, and do not question your desire to maximize efficiencies any way shape or form.
I can also see the reason you run the pump before the run . . . . to cool the engine down as to maximize HP output. ;)

Girl is tough

Because he wants to run an electric water pump??? Really because I've ran an electric water pump for years and I drive my car everywhere and never had an issue, so I'm not sure where this statement is coming from. As far as cost the fact I can cool my car while in line to make another pass with a flip of a switch is always nice too not always about the horse power.

I believe she is WAY ahead of most of us---Just one little reason she can run the #s--attention to detail!!!!!

I use these all the time.

EWP115 (12V) ELECTRIC WATER PUMP - PART No: 8025

Basically you have to remove your stock water pump, grind off the vanes and put it back on and it just functions as a drive for your pulley. The electric pump handles all the actual water pumping.

These work super, Ive used them on daily drivers with no problem whatsoever.

We're a dealer for their US based distributor if you decide you want to go with one.

I don't need the stock pump on there for the pulley as I've got a new belt that runs around the crank, alt, and ps. Would I just leave the stock pump in place then and not run a belt to it? And how/where does that pump install at?

I don't need the stock pump on there for the pulley as I've got a new belt that runs around the crank, alt, and ps. Would I just leave the stock pump in place then and not run a belt to it? And how/where does that pump install at?

You could leave the stock pump in place, yea. This pump goes in the lower radiator hose.

I believe she is WAY ahead of most of us---Just one little reason she can run the #s--attention to detail!!!!!
No argument there. :cool:

I fully agree with this.
I will not in minimize or underestimate your accomplishments, and do not question your desire to maximize efficiencies any way shape or form.
I can also see the reason you run the pump before the run . . . . to cool the engine down as to maximize HP output. ;)

I have read my post and in three words; The grammar sucks.:rolleyes:
Hell, I can't even make sense of my own damn post!
Time to quit drinking or only post when I have enough time to write a decent post. :tongue:

I am out of here.

Time to quit drinking or only post when I have enough time to write a decent post. :tongue:.

lol, i think this is my problem too,jerryl. lol, seriously though, your input is always appreciated

your first post was right on the money. you wasn't challenging jamie and her accomplishments. she even says that it isn't about horsepower. if a person wants to shell out the $$ for a added benifit of say, in this case, cooling your engine while its shut off while waiting in line at the track, then by all means, go for it!!! :) if i spent alot of time at the track, i probably would be interested in a electric pump also