Electric Supercharger???

Never seen one in use or tested, but my first guess is that it is a pile of crap. 3psi? Is that on an engine that's running? WOT? I DOUBT IT! The filter alone probably provides a 15 HP increase. The MAF would just love the swirling air, too.

:eek:

supercharger! lol

One of my friend have tried that principle on an old old snowmobile and it helped a li-little (can you imagine with what? After a good shower, what do you take to be sure your head arent wet yet!)! So imagine that on a 6-powered car...:D

I'm from the north too (quebec, canada)

I mean my friend has taken an air dryer like motor with a fan and puted it in front of his carb on an old Bombardier of the 70s. It helped only for the first second of reving when you start to push the throttle...I don't have tried on mine (an old 74 TnT Everest that still run 85) should have? :)

That thing is a turd! I've seen some real electric superchargers laying around here (International Harvester Diesel Engine Lab) and they look nothing like that little desktop PC cooler fan. The ones we have here are Turbodyne brand electric superchargers. Basically a turbo compressor housing with a high torque, high current DC motor driving the compressor wheel. We were looking at using them to provide boost to during transient accels, to get boost presure up before the turbo could get spooled.

www.turbodyne.com

These are serious electric superchargers. The cables going to the electric motors are monstrous. Imagine having a trunk with 3 or 4 car batteries wired into one of these things. Drive around and let the batteries charge up for a while, then whoosh... discharge 'em in about 11 seconds.