Electric fan resistor

eqs_gn

Does any one know where I can get a fan resistor for the stock fan other then the dealer. Dealer price is $93 right now.
Looking for other options.

Thanks,
Ernest

Ya I had the same issue years ago, I ended up just using a 3 section ceramic resistor I found and its fine.

My suggestion is try and get the resistance values for the stock resistor and just get one that is close at your nearest electronics supplier. I guarentee it wont be $93.

I dont have my car handy so I cant get any values from mine.

You don't have to have the resistor at all, unless you want to have a two speed fan. The resistor cuts the 12vdc down to run the fan on low speed.
Many (most) either just connect the two wires together and eliminate the resistor completely or use a small jumper wire to connect the two ends together.

Gary

By running the resistor you are adding more amps to the electrical system when the low speed fan circuit is energized.

Jump it out fan runs on high, less amps and the car cools off faster and the electrical load on the system is shortened due to less run time.

anyone show me how to by pass/eliminate the resistor for my fan? like a schematic or something? Thanks

I got this thing sitting right in front of me just ned to know what to do with it help before it gets dark on ME!!

This is a reply I got from Carl IJames. Easy to do:

Just move the single wire to the end with two wires, so all three wires
are connected together. That will run the fan on high when the ecm
turns it on, instead of at low speed, which is worth about 5-8 degrees
in lower engine temps (when the engine is holding 10-15 degrees over the
thermostat and the ac isn't on). If your resistor is physically broken
so it won't stay in the mount, just use a small screw and nut to connect
the wires, and then insulate them so they can't short anywhere.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl.ijames@verizon.net