Electric "Dump" Pipe

milehighGN

I think if i'm correct, I've seen a few of these test pipes that, when you push a switch, allows the exhaust off the downpipe to become open. Anyone have any experience, know of any of these types? Would it be possible to put a cat after the dump pipe so it's legal while the pipe is closed?

Also, anyone have a cat that they would recommend , inexpensive. Thanks!

Is this the same MILEHIGHGN from years ago that used to post here often?

Anyway, I've seen what you're talking about. I don't see any reason why you can't put it in front of the converter. Should work very well while keeping it legal...at least to the I/M "sniffer".

Yes sir it is:) Do you know where any of these dumppipes can be purchased? After I pass emissions this year, i wanna be able to run em' open when someone pulls up next to me :D

you can get a dump from jegs or summit- then you buy the electric butterfly from somwhere like www.buickgn.com now depending on the state, inspector, and what mood they are these arent always legal infront of the cat. technicaly it is tampering with an emissions system because in order to fit most cutouts you must move the cat about 9" back- and they know what its for :D i have never had a problem with mine but ive seen a couple posts on other boards where state inspection has given a hard time about it.

84GNwith87eng said:
www.buickgn.com sells them I believe, check it out :D $185 listed on the site

Yes, buy the cutout from mark,hes the best. I have one on my car and its priceless when you take the left lane and the guy cant figure out why you wanted it and then you open the dump in his ear!!

as far as putting the dump in before the cat,that might be tricky cause of room where the dp comes down to the cat. check with mark i believe he can also get you a weld in dump that you can have someone weld into the down pipe just before the cat. Personally, i would put the cat on only at inspection time,thats the beauty of the bolt in dump.

milehighGN said:

Yes sir it is:) :D

Welcome back!!

I havent seen you post in a really long time... where did you dissappear to :)

Take it easy
BW

i would be interested if it was around $100 how about a manual one. Been taken a couple of times where I have said if I had the dump open it would have been a different story. :mad:

when you see this piece you will understand the price. its not some junk thats gonna carbon up and stop working. its a nice piece. i bought 2 of them. as far as manual goes, thats 60's stuff you're talking right there. these cars represent the new technology and pressing a button to get open exhaust is part of that! my next trick is to open it with a rpm activation switch so it will open after i leave the line and the opponent will think its the waste gate making all that noise!

I have one from "turbo regal custom parts" It is mounted off the Jegs Y pipe and then goes into a 3 inch header extension, comes out by the pass door. Switch is mounted in a panel in the ash tray area. Takes less than a sec. to open or close. Great fun for driving around and then looking stock when you are spotted or followed by the local police. Very quality piece and just a ton of fun at any price. :)

How about having it open w/ a hobbs style switch to open with boost? :D

Welcome back MileHigh! Do they still have a meet in Colorado near the end of Sept?

i got some boost activated cutouts from ATP in California. They have a internal type wastegate actuator on them. mine open at 6psi.

sorry it is late. you have a link for that ATP unit....sounds interesting...was what I was looking for...let the guy take you off the line then it opens up and you pass him smokin the tires. :D

gbsean said:
sorry it is late. you have a link for that ATP unit....sounds interesting...was what I was looking for...let the guy take you off the line then it opens up and you pass him smokin the tires. :D

Do you think you are going to get that for $100? :D

roc87 said:
How about having it open w/ a hobbs style switch to open with boost? :D

Welcome back MileHigh! Do they still have a meet in Colorado near the end of Sept?

It's been moved to Douglas, Wyoming this year. :(

atpturbo.com I have the stock exhaust so my car sounds stock. I get people rolling their eyes all the time when i roll by in the pits with DRs and skinnies on the way to the staging lanes. It is fun to be so stealthy..even though its a T/A

BuickGn Boosted said:
Ya get what you pay for. :D

I've read on a ton of msg boards....good things and bad about that and the MCcord.... :confused:

I don't think there is any Perfect part that no one has a problem with.

no mark I do not expect to get that for $100 but if a "wholesale" order was to be placed for the qtp units I would be interested. ;)