Electric "Dump" Pipe

Hey GBsean, did your electric cut out come in? Just wondering how you like it, ordered mine Monday.....

If you want to draw attention, put one on. I like mine. I got mine from Mark.
Sounds like a jet taking off. :cool:

Yes you can but you won't be supporting a struggling Buick vendor (ME!) and receive my excellent customer service. :D

I also helped with getting these to fit our Turbo Regals better than what the original design did. :)

Yes, makes more sense to buy through a vendor of the board than to go direct...you aren't saving anything ordering direct...plus your supporting a board vendor.

I love the unit i got from Mark, very good workmanship in the unit and 100x better than the McCord unit i had on my 98 trans am. The McCord was extremely slow and only worked half the time. This unit now is extremely fast and hasn't failed me yet!!

Nice product Mark!

installed it last night...it is cool and with the ability to twist it I was able to twist the motor up by the frame rail so you cannot see it. I also drilled a 3/16 hole in floor slipped wire through ( cut off connector ) sealed hole with urethane and re-undercoated. wire come up in the center of the seat pan.I just like the stealth sitting at a light someone rolls up and wants to run you open up exhaust. :rolleyes: :eek:

yeah, you will find yourself looking for concrete barriers on the passenge side to drive next too and bridges and such....sound is just plain awesome.

Got my cut out in the mail today, and I can't get it installed :mad: . It's never easy, putting anything on this car! I have a 3" THDP w/ cut out and I can't position the motor anyway besides almost straight down. Anybody run into this? The only way I can see fixing it, is to take off the cut out and take it to a shop and have the flange cut off and rewelded about 180* from what it is now.

Mine had some issues as well when trying to install. due to the cutout pipe itself. I also have a 3" THDP. When mine was mounted...only way it could be done was with the motor hanging down. I took some quick measurements and removed the cutout pipe and had it fixed at work. Full custom fab shop. Had them cut the pipe and rotate about maybe 10-15 degrees tops and reweld......all good with the motor tucked into the frame/floor area. Not sure why it is this way to start...but it can be fixed easily.

You will love it once it is done though!

Did you try flipping the cutout around the other way? :biggrin: Really, the only issue we usually have with the THDP dumps is the bolts that they weld on to it to retain the plate. They are rarely welded on straight or on center. Recommend that they are removed and just use new bolts.

You definetly don't want the motor hanging down. Ripping it off on a speed bump is NOT covered under the 4 year warranty! :biggrin: The motor should be sticking up towards the floorboards and should be positioned so it will not contact anything. Usually a half inch clearance should be enough.

We can't control how TH welds on their flanges to the dumps so you may have to do what Eric did.

I have the 3 1/2" thdp and it went right on with the motor tucked on top.
Just a little tip, If you dont use your car alot every now and then spray the flap with a little wd-40.
It tends to stick now and then if the car sits alot I guess from surface rust from moisture.
You cant beat this thing, even daily driving I like to crack mine open just a wee bit so it sounds a little nicer and spools a little easier.

i also have a TH downpipe with an ATR dump the only thing I had to do was remove the welded nuts. Then I could twist it up by the frame rail. Almost the coolest thing since sliced bread.

The welded bolts will have to be knocked out and I'll have to get longer ones, maybe I can twist the dump pipe on the downpipe to give me a little room....It is a nice looking piece though, can't wait to get it working. Thanks for the suggestions ;)

I'll have to look in the box again, didn't see any hardware......

What's the deal Mark :D ? J/K

All this talk

All this talk about wholesale and supporting our sponsors...is a great idea.

Lets put the 2 together...

Can we get a special group buy together??

I'd be interested in 2...I'm sure if the price is right tons of people would jump in...

Make like marks in discounts...at certain amounts of orders placed..levels of discounts would be reviced?

Any sponsor takers? and how many of you would be interested?

I remember mine having new bolts with it. Also has a nice looking nut for it to bolt in with as well. It came ready to install basically. Just my cutout pipe wasn't agreeing with me is all. Of course, i won though.

roc87 said:
I'll have to look in the box again, didn't see any hardware......

What's the deal Mark :D ? J/K

I BOUGHT 2 AND THEY DEFINATELY COME WITH NUTS AND THEY ARE SPECIAL NUTS THAT SIT INSIDE THE CHANNEL.
IF YOU DONT HAVE THEM YOU DEFINATELY NEED TO CONTACT THEM TO GET THE CORRECT NUTS.

I'm planning to get one eventually. A group rate discount could convince me to buy sooner. Either way I will buy from Mark. I've done business with him before with excellent results.