Eibach Springs now Too Low

ILikeSix

Boost is Good
So my 87 had some funky springs in it when I got it, it sat low, like 3" below stock and scraping the chin spoiler way to often:frown: Along the way I ended up with with an 87 T type parts car that had red Eibach progressive coil springs on it. THe backs got changed out when I swapped the rear ends (parts car had a posi:cool:) and it went up like an inch with the Eibachs. Hoping that the fronts would do the same, pulled them out of the T and had a local alignment place put them in my car. Instead of raising the front, it actually went a little lower, maybe another 1/2":mad:

So here's the question, I love the way the car rides on the Eibachs(with Koni's) I just want the front 1.5" higher.

Is there a lower control arm perch spacer or pad that will raise up the front? No, not cheapy rubber blocks that you insert into the coils.

Are lowering Spindles even made for Regals? Car is so low in the front I am considering that one of the previous owners put some on the car.:redface: Anyone have a way to ID aftermarket/lowering units?

Alan

I don't know if the make a Regal specific drop spindle, or even a G body version. I put them on my El Camino, but they were spec'd for an S10. Bolted right on using Regal discs and bearings. Have you measured the spindle location relative to the bottom of the knuckle? I have the stockers and can measure them if you like.

I pretty much have stock suspension with Eibach 1.5 lowering springs and Comp Engineering shocks. this is how mine looks. no probs and rides great.

Attachments

• S7303426.JPG
    S7303426.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 330
John, I'll pull a wheel and grab some measurements, thanks:cool: But probably not til Thursday when I get a chance:redface:

ZNX, I can see the tops of your front tires, if I could see mine like that I'd be OK with the stance:frown: I wonder what your chin spoiler to tarmac measurement is?

They do make an aluminum spacer that goes between the spring and the A arm that will raise it. These I was told will raise it double the amount of the spacer so if you want it raised a 1/2" you will need a 1/4" spacer..

If you have any questions (silverfox) has them on his car..

SW.

get the part number off those eibachs...mine are black (pro kit)...I was unaware they made a sportline kit.

hello people; I've seen some pretty low rides on this site but I'd like to see what you're talking about. Also you say nothing about rim tire combo as that might be of interest.
IBBY