egt?

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
I did a search for EGT and it came back with nothing. Is that not what its called? Well either way I have a scanmaster and I figure the next step up in tuning would be an EGT. Can't afford a powerlogger just yet. Is there a brand and model guys have had good luck with? And what temp range am I looking for tuning with alky? Thanks

I would get a wideband before the EGT. I have both & wideband is better $$$ spent IMO.

could you recommend one. i never thought of getting one without a laptop. is it usable when your blasting down the road trying to keep an eye on it? or maybe do they have like a replay button? are you recommending one that would go in my 2 gague holder on the A pillar? or a handheld unit? thanks

A/F gauges are the way to go. EGT is temp not rich or lean some cars like 1350 some like 1700 so unless you know where you car is the gauge is useless
ML

I agree with Mike that A/F monitoring is useful to the majority, but I will state that learning how to use EGT information is even more vauleable once a person becomes familar with it, many reasons for different numbers, the "trick" is understanding what it tells you, A/F monitoring is #1 for fueling, but EGT is God for timing. good luck.

Kevin.

ive read where guys are able to target an AF and the chip makes adjustments to keep it there. is that something you can do without a laptop? are you able to do that with the XD-16?

ive read where guys are able to target an AF and the chip makes adjustments to keep it there. is that something you can do without a laptop? are you able to do that with the XD-16?

I think you need a wideband and a powerlogger. There is alot of information about it on the Turbotweak site. I would like to go this route in the near future.