egr wide open at idle

Catmandoo

completely stock 87 T, bought it last year and slowly picking away at issues getting it roadworthy. I think I've cured all my vacuum leaks, not sure what my fuel pressure is yet though as I haven't got an adapter for the fuel rail. As the title indicates, my EGR is wide open as soon as the engine is started. I don't have full vacuum, only a few psi at the valve, but I believe the only explanation is my solenoid is leaking. I have a Snap-on scan tool for monitoring and with the hose disconnected and plugged at the valve my BL numbers look reasonable and the car runs ok despite the CEL. If I wait until it learns and goes closed loop and plug the valve back in, it barely runs, which seems reasonable. My thoughts are to just get a TT chip and remove the vacuum lines and carry on. No emissions testing here yet so that's not a concern. Any thoughts?

yep. toss the EGR, clean up the DS of the intake and MAKE SURE you have a positive seal with whatever you use to block off the port.

To check your fuel pressure you can do this and it includes everything you will need.

You can get a fuel injection pressure test kit at most of the bigger auto parts store chains. They have it in their loan-a-tool service,they have you pay the full price to cover the cost of it but once you return it they give you all your money back so in the end it costs you nothing. It works out great if you don't want to buy / own a tool that you will only use once or twice then have it lay around collecting dust forever.