EGR Valve problem! Need help please!

crs

My car has a leaking EGR Valve, and has a surging problem with the idle. It will die on me when i put it in gear. I checked for vaccum leaks and found nothing. I bought an EGR Valve from Kragen Auto and replaced it with the correct #27 washer and gasket. I installed it and the problem has gotten worse. I thought that the gasket might of slipped out, so i checked and it was glued fine. What i notice about these local auto EGR's, is that they don't have a button on the bottom of the valve that activates the vaccum diaphram like my original does. I need help guys, any suggestions on this EGR Valve? I have tried 2 of them and both are worse than my leaky original one!

I am a little confused about a button that activates the EGR valve.It is activated by vacuum that pulls the daiphram up.
If you suspect that you keep getting the wrong part, go to GM or a reputable vendor like Kirbans,ATR,etc...

sounds more like a AIC problem then an egr problem? what are your aic counts at idle and in gear? should be 10-20 idle 20-40 gear....something like that!!
I think your EGR only works during part throttle in gear operation, not when the car is idling in gear.

Try to find a replacement EGR that does not use a washer. The original is no longer available from the dealer. Those that use the washer have caused a lot of emissions and drivability problems when tested on ASM and I/M 240.