ebay scammer gets owned

That rocks! I can't wait to hear how the transaction goes. I am an avid Ebay Buyer/Seller. As a matter of fact, I am on it everyday and I list items weekly. This kind of transaction "outside" of Ebay happens all the time. Fortunately, I personally have not been a victim in this type of situation. I have had the foresight to know when something smells funny. But trust me, I am constantly contacted by someone that is interested in an item I have for sale, or has an item I have sent a question about. EVERY TIME......and listen when I say this......EVERY TIME the buyer or the seller in these types of situations have been located overseas. I know that this may not be the case for everyone, but for me, they have all been overseas. I have bought a few items from other countries on Ebay without incident, but I recommend staying away from overseas auctions.

And remember: IF I SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE........IT IS!!!!

INTERCOOLED said:
That rocks! I can't wait to hear how the transaction goes. I am an avid Ebay Buyer/Seller. As a matter of fact, I am on it everyday and I list items weekly. This kind of transaction "outside" of Ebay happens all the time. Fortunately, I personally have not been a victim in this type of situation. I have had the foresight to know when something smells funny. But trust me, I am constantly contacted by someone that is interested in an item I have for sale, or has an item I have sent a question about. EVERY TIME......and listen when I say this......EVERY TIME the buyer or the seller in these types of situations have been located overseas. I know that this may not be the case for everyone, but for me, they have all been overseas. I have bought a few items from other countries on Ebay without incident, but I recommend staying away from overseas auctions.

And remember: IF I SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE........IT IS!!!!

There's 4 parts to the story if you wanna know the rest. The navigation bar is on the right.

That was good stuff.

Too bad those agents didnt get his face on a web cam shot or even a good pic at the time of realization. That guy should have his mug posted all over the net.

Cheeseburger said:
So what happened with the guy who sent the laptop (Jeff)??

They said that the guy disappeared and the shop even was closed :eek:

Brer Rabbit said:
Too bad those agents didnt get his face on a web cam shot or even a good pic at the time of realization. That guy should have his mug posted all over the net.

They did get sopme video of the guy when he got the package but never when he opened it :mad: This is a sorta old story and they took down the videos Im trying to find a good link for them :frown:

That is an old story.. still floating around the net I see.

I remember reading it as it was happening. Last I saw was when the wrong package had been delivered. Glad to finally see the ending of it. That had to be over a year ago.

The funny part was that he collected the money from the messageboard members to pay for the shipping to england, so everybody on the board was sorta participating in the reverse scam!