eBay find, low mile GN, input please

It’s just the way that eBay figures feedback; but a 50% Positive doesn’t look too good. 86% overall as a seller might make me a little nervous also.

Use the board; and make a friend to go and look at a car with you. It’s worth buying them a lunch to get the car you want.

Here’s some to start with:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...rbo-t-chicago-8000-reserve-relisted-ebay.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/318785-1987-turbo-t-sale-chicago.html

Buick : Grand National: eBay Motors (item 150445450867 end time May-23-10 18:30:00 PDT)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/318942-87-gn-2nd-owner-6054-original-miles.html

Good luck,

Joe

It's a repaint and the rear trunk badge is in the wrong location. Check out his recently bought items. It shows he bought Buick emblems.

Dont be swayed by 22k. Its like the old saying goes "How many miles does ur car have?" How many do you want it to have? Anyone can swap out a high mile dash for a lower mile one.

Anyone who posts a car for sale with mods and doesn't list the mods would make me look elsewhere.

I agree, way too many mods for a low miles car. Doesn't make sense. If it's truly 22K miles the car would be worth more as bone stock. A carfax is an absolute must before getting serious.

I agree with all of you and I did have some speculation. :confused: Just wanted to confirm.

Very nice car though.

upper door panels don't look like the factory material. aftermarket replacements.

Definitely factory panels....maybe yours are replacements.

I agree with the rest though, probably shouldnt have done that to such a low mile car. Nothing that cant be reversed though.

Trunk latch striker looks pretty worn for a 23,000 mile car. Really bad if it's a recent re-paint.

My opinion is it's worth about what the current bid is at. Nice car, but nothing special, specially since it's a repaint and modified, although as someone said, nothing that can't be changed back if the original parts come with. Could have been one of the factory 'lousy' paint jobs, and not a good one. I have seen original paint jobs that were stellar to crap to anywhere in between.

Doesn't hurt to check it out if it is close enough to you. Not understanding the concern of it having mods with 22k on it. Most of these cars were modded as soon as they got home from the dealer. Hell, I bought mine with 4700 miles on it and it was already lowered and had a Currie Ford 9" rear in it!

As stated previously, those door panels look stock.

A friend of mine spoke with the owner today and he has no clue what mods were done to the car and is clueless himself. 22k miles is BS imo.

Thanks guys, I had my eye on this one as well until reading this, thought 22k was too. How much stock do people put into carfax these days with these cars pushing 25 years in age? According to this one on ebay the odometer checks out as good.

The seller was nice enough to call me and we had a brief conversation. He did not have a clue on the mods on the car and stated he just got it on a trade in or something? He claimed to have a GNX and sell another GNX a few months back also or some thing, but no clue about turbo Buicks?? He was nice enough to give me the name and phone number to the shop/person who did all the work. A Jim Dunn, supposedly very reputable on the East coast??? Anyone hear of him or his shop?

Anyway, I migh consider the car at the current price, but not at the buy it now price as it's overpiced for the car itself and deffinately the current market.

Its rolled over

The car has 122,000 miles. There are 2 dead givaways.

The first is if you look at the Ebay report, it goes from 1995 having 15,000 miles to 2008 having 21,000

Thats 18 years the car racked up that low of miles, yeah right. It rolled and when the title was changed the wrote what the odometer stated and that is why it says 22,000 miles.

Other thing is look at the odometer, the numbers are not straight across, good evidance someone may have meesed with it, but I go with number 1 for the reason, if you look in the truck picutre and look at the wheel wells, there is something there on both sides that was coted over, mine are smooth with the coating on it in all of my cars,

It had to of rolled, also look at the reason he has 50% feedback, thats a bad reason and a good one to stay away from this car!!

It may very well have 122k but looking closely at that engine bay it's a tough call or very well kept up. Plastic fender wells, firewall, AC box ect looks exceptional. Looks better than my 54k bay.:frown:

Jim Dunn is located in PA and knows these cars inside and out. I think the MAGNA (Mid Atlantic GN Assoc) guys know him better. He did a lot of work on my son's 87 GN and was very reliable. He now has my son's car again. Engine was shipped to Weber Racing for rebuild. Jim will be doing all the work again. He's a real nice guy and very reputable.

I know nothing about this car and have no opinion on the validity of the mileage but as a reference.......

I bought my '87 GN in '06 with 17,611 miles from the original owner that I knew but didn't know he owned a GN (a more honest guy would be hard to find BTW). I have receipts showing 16,500-ish miles in '96. He only put about 1K on it in ten years because he had a few kids and became more interested in motorcycles during that time. Just because it seems odd doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. My odometer was original and looked a little geeked up as well due to mid '80's GM quality. I'd need to see this car in person before I decided on it one way or the other. Just sayin'......