Ebay carpet?

Hey Kevin, too bad no one responded. I was wondering the same thing about the carpet. Let us know how it turns out.

Greg

I picked up one of the vinyl / rubber "carpets" for our old GMC and it was fine. It was molded too fit and a good price. About two years old now and still looks good.
I would give their carpet a try. They aren't bad to deal with either. They have a website and you can give them a call if you have any more questions.

Ebay carpet is ACC

I'll be doing the Ebay carpet also. First, I plan to order a couple color samples.

FYI - It looks like many vendors have carpet on their site or thru their catalog and just have it drop shipped to you direct. It is a convenience for you the customer while you are ordering other items besides carpet etc. I did this the last time and it was the ACC product direct, so why not order thru Ebay ACC? I'll post when my samples arrive.

I'll be doing the Ebay carpet also. First, I plan to order a couple color samples.

FYI - It looks like many vendors have carpet on their site or thru their catalog and just have it drop shipped to you direct. It is a convenience for you the customer while you are ordering other items besides carpet etc. I did this the last time and it was the ACC product direct, so why not order thru Ebay ACC? I'll post when my samples arrive.

just got one off ebay (ACC) and its junk compaired to a orignal no rubber backing like the orignal the the way its molded there will be wrinkles in it everywhere I think
im just going to rob the Jute off of it and cut my losses....

Attachments

• IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 299
We have sold alot of them. I am an ACC distrbutor & they have a few different lines of carpet. Rubber backed is like $249.95. We sell maybe 2 a month so we do not keep alot on stock.
The next grade down is non rubber backed carpet. The unit we carry is also padded but a much nicer fit.

Last month we sent them down an 84 GN carpet for them to test their molds to make sure they were not worn out. They are fine. In return ACC changed 84 GN carpet from black to the correct Sand color Gray for us.

There is also a lower grade & I think that is what you may be getting on e-bay.

GBodyParts.com Online

I also noticed the drop down menu has not been added for the rubber backed carpet. I'll get that done. If you want to order just put in the notes need upgraded rubber backed carpet. We will take care of it until the drop down menu is done.

Also on the e-bay mats our have mushroom headed backing. Not the sharp points that dig into your carpet but ride on it. Acc does make different grades & you get what you pay for.

I wish I had known the rubber backed carpet was available when I ordered in December. I ended up using the thin acc version. The jute backing that comes with the acc version is very thin. I installed two layers of dynamat then the old carpet jute matting before putting the new carpet in. Not very happy with the finish in the rear seat foot wells. I was able to get all the wrinkles out except for that area. Its not molded very good in the rear. my friends carpet has the same problem. I used a heat gun and let it form for 2 months in the car before I trimmed it. Its not GM so I knew it wouldn't be perfect. Overal Im still happy for the price.

I just ordered it from gbodyparts. I let you guys know how it turns out.

If your not happy with it send it back. About a year ago a bunch of people posted the same problem & everyone was happy with ours.

Way2QWK they just let us know about the ability to do this on the carpet 2 months ago when I sent them carpet down to check their molds with.
Normally we throw the carpet in the car for a day.Then come back & trim it up.
Only thing I have ever had to do was spray glue it to the section under the rear seat for a real nice tight fit.

Have you thought about JC Whitney? I know its not a usual place for serious resto parts but I bought carpet for my 70 CST 396 truck and it was really good for the price. The foot/toe pad was close to GM and it has the rubber backing, not as thick as OEM but not bad. $99 + shipping. Should be able to find it online.

i bought online carpets from sleeze bay and i found my upholstery guy did a better job than the flimzy molded crap i thought i would give it a try and know why i paid 100 bucks the bulk carpet at the shop cost about a 100 dollars good thick quality stuff look up a local place to do your carpet!!

Just got my carpet from Gbodyparts today (thanks for the fast shipping btw:) ). I got the cheaper version b/c I have to cut the hell out of it to fit my 10 point roll cage...didn't want to spend big bucks on something that will look like swiss cheese when I'm done with it.

So far it looks good. I will not be putting it in the car for a few weeks (cage is not 100% done yet). The backing on it looks a little different than the picture above from the ebay stuff. It's not as wrinkled either. I'll post an update on it when I get it in.

Hows the water level down at Edgewater? Might be going to Tristate on Saturday. Weather is supposed to be real nice. Id be interested in seeing that carpet kit. I might need one this winter.

We have sold alot of them. I am an ACC distrbutor & they have a few different lines of carpet. Rubber backed is like $249.95. We sell maybe 2 a month so we do not keep alot on stock.
The next grade down is non rubber backed carpet.

This makes a lot of sense. I bought my 87 w/ the dark claret [burgundy] interior in CA and it had replacement carpet [the cheap line] which faded pretty badly and seemed cheap [go figure.]

Is the rubber backed a more plush carpet or of better fibre? The car has since been converted to saddle tan interior but I'd still like to know where to find good carpet.

Thanks.