EATON 30 Spline differential and Moser 30 spline axles

Yeah, what do you expect from someone with a life outside of the Internet. ;-)

Funny how I only have 2 posts, but I have 4 in this thread alone!

Take a look at how long I've been around and then feel free to continue to run your "e-mouth."

And for what it's worth, surface rust on a mold and surface rust on a roller bearing/race just might be different things. But I'm probably Erin about that since I've only got 2 posts on a turbo Buick forum. Haha... some people...

All that said, congrats on the sale, OP, I'm sure you worked out a reasonable deal on it and I'm sure it'll turn out to be a fine unit for the buyer. All is well in the turbo buick internets today.

"e-mouth" man you crack me up, you come on the op thread berate the item hes selling so you can.... what try to buy it for half its value

Yeah, what do you expect from someone with a life outside of the Internet. ;-)

Funny how I only have 2 posts, but I have 4 in this thread alone!

Take a look at how long I've been around and then feel free to continue to run your "e-mouth."

And for what it's worth, surface rust on a mold and surface rust on a roller bearing/race just might be different things. But I'm probably Erin about that since I've only got 2 posts on a turbo Buick forum. Haha... some people...

All that said, congrats on the sale, OP, I'm sure you worked out a reasonable deal on it and I'm sure it'll turn out to be a fine unit for the buyer. All is well in the turbo buick internets today.

Well as a design engineer and toolmaker for 21 years, I can tell you this. Surface rust on a bearing race that sees light oils is way more critical then surface rust on a surface that gets greased or heavy lube. The rust could not have penetrated more then 0.0001 or 0.0002. I do not see rust on the bearing surfaces, just where the ring gear sits, and that def isnt going to cause any problems.
BTW...I love the E-mouth comment. Thats a good one.

Well as a design engineer and toolmaker for 21 years, I can tell you this. Surface rust on a bearing race that sees light oils is way more critical then surface rust on a surface that gets greased or heavy lube. The rust could not have penetrated more then 0.0001 or 0.0002. I do not see rust on the bearing surfaces, just where the ring gear sits, and that def isnt going to cause any problems.
BTW...I love the E-mouth comment. Thats a good one.

Yeah, I hear you and trust me, I was not in any way trying to discount your experience, and you're probably right about the rust, but my point was that it's not about what we CAN see in the pics, but what we CAN'T see. The surface rust on the gear faces, in my humble opinion, is a possible indicator of more surface rust in other more critical places. Bottom line to me was that the buyer really has no idea what he's getting into with a "used" unit even if it ostensibly was never installed, so needs to be a good reason for me to take that risk. Less than $100 off new price wasn't enough of a reason for me. Moisture has a funny way of getting into places we can't see. As an engineer, I know I'm preaching to the choir there.

In any event... the stuff sold and it's now a moot point.

As far as the "e-mouth" comment is concerned... I feel like I did a pretty good job of restraining myself there ;)

Forums are full of guys who think the anonymity gives them a license to show their butts. I've grown accustomed to it at this point, but I still have a tendency to wanna smack a mouth runner upside the head now and again. Fortunately for me... this is only the internet, so none of it's real. ;)

Just curious, are you a design engineer with GM by chance? Based on your list of cars... I think we'd get along quite well in "real life." As you can see from my avatar, one my "baby" is a Mopar and one of my buddies has a '63 Biscayne that I did a little work on with him... It's got a 406 roller motor in it and full air ride suspension on 18's and 20's to throw off the wanna be's who think it's a "low rider" until they see it leave the line from behind.... way behind ;)