Moser 30 spline axles. With..C clip eliminators

There was some miss-communication on both ends which led to some unnecessary escalations.

There was some miss-communication on both ends which led to some unnecessary escalations.

It happens too the best of us. I was just surprised at the name calling amongst comrades yet typed words are easily misconstrued. What 30 spline posi unit will you be using horndog?

It takes mature adults to rectify it. I will be going with the eaton true trac when my stock one blows up. I think I have pinion bearing noise with mine now. So best be prepared with all the parts.

I will be going with the eaton true trac when my stock one blows up. I think I have pinion bearing noise with mine now. So best be prepared with all the parts.

A wise choice, my friend, getting all the parts together before diving in head first. I learned my lesson the hard way and would not wish that headache on anyone.

I am not sure it is something I am going to take on myself...
As you already know working on the underside is a PITA unless you have a lift or have access to a lift and having the proper tools on hand or access to them. Like most here I have played mechanic for decades on my own vehicles and it is quite rewarding and a great learning experience. If the vehicle is not your DD, like mine were, you can "slow your roll" and take a break when needed. I found that breaking a project down into stages was very helpful and quite possibly Domenic could offer some help.

If you lived in Houston I would be more than happy to offer my help.

Last edited:
I have an ASE mechanic friend said he would show me once and rebuild it for me. I am sure it won't take him long. I don't do well with measure lashes etc. Gears and transmissions I will not take on, a motor rebuild, yes.

I have an ASE mechanic friend said he would show me once and rebuild it for me. I am sure it won't take him long. I don't do well with measure lashes etc. Gears and transmissions I will not take on, a motor rebuild, yes.

What's a "measure lash"? LOL

No you see the issue

Me and a transmission....LOL!
what-we-have-here-is-a-failure-to-communicate-quote-2.jpg