Eastwood's rust encapsulator

NarcGN

Had a rusty spot on the rear floor. Have to give Eastwood credit. Stuff worked very well. Dried to the touch in about half hour. Overall pretty good stuff. Just used a wire brush to get the loose stuff. I used a foam brush but I would use a regular brush next time. The foam kinda fell apart from the encapsulator. Luckily I had a few extra. I used 2 coats.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120602_154003.png
    ForumRunner_20120602_154003.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20120602_154018.png
    ForumRunner_20120602_154018.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 92
I've been using Rust Cure and 1 other brand for a heck of a lot less than Eastwood sells. I'll try and take a pic of how well it's worked for me on my frame. Almost completely rust free and all I do is spray it on and let it sit overnight and brush it off.:)

I've been using Rust Cure and 1 other brand for a heck of a lot less than Eastwood sells. I'll try and take a pic of how well it's worked for me on my frame. Almost completely rust free and all I do is spray it on and let it sit overnight and brush it off.:)

sounds good, i just bought a pint of the eastwood stuff for the floor where i knew i had a problem. im gonna spruce up the frame a bit, but im definately looking for some type of spray..

Rust Cure I can get for $24.99 a gallon locally and the other stuff from the hardware store I got for $15.99 a gallon. Here's some pics of how well the Rust Cure works and I'll see about taking some pics of the other tomorrow if I get the time.:) I also posted the Rust cure info in the resto section and will be updating it as I get more done.;)
DSCN0001.JPGDSCN0002.JPGDSCN0003.JPG

After the car has been sleeping for 10 years in storage, I started to do a lot of replacing parts, and tranny, every part that I removed whether it needed to be painted or not, I still spray this stuff and then painted it over with some satin or semi-gloss high temp paint. I have been using Eastwood Rust Converter product. This stuff is great, I just wire brush off the the little surface rust and spray. When it drys it seals the metal and leaves a black flat primer coat to ready to paint. I like the spray since it sprays into the hard to reach areas that a brush can't reach.
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rust-converter.html

I'll look into that rust cure. Looks good.

I bought a quart of Eastwoods rust converter too but not the spray. I was kinda rushing the floor a bit. I took the car out it was sunny, then looked like it was going to rain. Unfortunately I don't have a double car garage. So working inside is a bit tough.

The other stuff I've been using is made by Jasco and it works much better than I thought. I'll see about taking some pics of the frame today since I haven't sprayed it in a couple of days.