Eastwood Fender Roller for Rent

Not sure of all the places. But the box looks like it has been all over. It has a HUGE amount of tape on it now. I think it could survive a nuke war with the cockroaches. Seriously, I tried finding a new box for it, but the one it is in is very tough and thick so I left it in that one and added more tape.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 331
Holy Crap!!!

Even DHL (R.I.P.) could not have destroyed that box. They could drag it all the way from St. Louis behind a truck and it would survive.

Hey Jeff, it looks like the wrap job might have military applications! :rolleyes:

Good morning guys...the tool has indeed been all over. Because most of the communication has been done via PM I need to delete it when old to stay under the 100 max messages allowed. So I've lost most of the information.

It's been to FL, CA, New England, TX, AL, AZ and many points in between.

Only damaged once...don't know who did it so never complained to either "suspect"... But the guy who did it knows...he somehow bent the main hub about 1/4". Sort of turned the hub into a rounded saucer shape instead of flat...can't imagine how he did that...some heavy duty force was required. It took a 20 ton (yes two zero) press to flatten it....8 ton wasn't enough. Also the orange knob used to tighten the arm length adjuster wore out (the thread was turning inside the plastic knob) so replaced it by extending the threads of a high grade capscrew, installed it, and then tack welded a large flange headed nut to the end to act as a load disperser. Seems to be working fine. Been trying to find a new roller but Eastwood will not tell me where to get one and will only sell me one if a tool is disassembled by them for some reason and a roller is available....of course they won't keep my phone number either so I must periodically call them which seems to tick them off....not a good deal :)

I reinforced the box with plywood and corners before it's first use....kind of a testiment to the gentle care it gets in shipping huh ...lol

And the really rewarding part is that everyone has been great to work with...even a Mustang guy once used it!! Don't be mad at me....I didn't know it was used on a Ford until after he was finished :)

BTW...DHL seems to be the worst carrier by far. Maybe a regional thing but once they had the tool 35 miles from my home...took 7 days and 4-5 phone calls to get them to deliver it from there (and I don't live out in the boondocks...just the next city down the road from their hub!!) Actually the way I got it was wife & I were riding out bikes and we came upon the DHL truck...asked if he had my pkg...when he said yes I said follow me home and deliver it...so he did...we were only 1/2 mile away...turns out he had been in town each of the last few days but was too busy with other deliveries to deliver it to me?!?!!?

Bob

bad deliveries

BTW...DHL seems to be the worst carrier by far. Maybe a regional thing but once they had the tool 35 miles from my home...took 7 days and 4-5 phone calls to get them to deliver it from there (and I don't live out in the boondocks...just the next city down the road from their hub!!) Actually the way I got it was wife & I were riding out bikes and we came upon the DHL truck...asked if he had my pkg...when he said yes I said follow me home and deliver it...so he did...we were only 1/2 mile away...turns out he had been in town each of the last few days but was too busy with other deliveries to deliver it to me?!?!!?

Bob

fed ex kinda sux too...i hate some sheet metal delivered from texas to chicagoland...took 2 days to get to chicagoland...then they said 5 more days from its location...turns out the location was 2 blocks away!

Last fall DHL parent corp. German Deutche Post cut..

8500 jobs and closed lotsa locations in US. They had a reputable low cost operation going but I think kinda lost it. For a while, I used them because of price and box size restrictions were loose.

I once got a complete Cutlass interior disassembled & shipped in one refrigerator and one kitchen stove box. It arrived fast. I went out to greet the driver and she literally pushed the boxes off the back of the truck. LOL - "I wouldn't stand there!" she said.

It looked like this was SOP as box corners were crushed and long seams wrinkled. Flat areas had a couple punctures too, so I cut the boxes open and pulled parts out right in front of her. Seats were excellent so as I recall, I signed and waved good bye (forever).:rolleyes:

CLN-GN...one guy has just received the tool and there are 4 guys in line...counting the guy who posted just ahead of you. A couple of the guys will be quick, but you should estimate about 2 weeks per person.

Bob

So have any of your kids or wives gotten into this "Flat Stanley" thing? Where you have this little paper picture of Stanley and you take pictures of him in all different places.

I think it would be a good idea to have a Fender Roller Stanley (FRS). FRS has been enjoying his time in NJ after working hard on my brother's (DarkRed87T) '87 T and my GN. He will be on his way to his next destination as soon as I know where that is.

Here are some pics of his time here at my house.

Throwing back a cold one after a job well done:
frs-1.jpg

Playing some pinball:
frs-2.jpg

Getting ready for a bike ride:
frs-3.jpg

Jim

Have sent you the next address via PM.

Looks like FRS enjoyed his stay with you.

Bob

hahaha, thats hilarious, i'm already making a list of "flat stanley" photo shoot locations, get him all spiffed up and strike a pose..

Oh darn, i forgot to put the envelope with the instructions in the box with the tool.. there's a tapered washer in the envelope also.. I'll send it out to Guthrie asap, hopefully get there with the tool or sooner

I ll be putting my check in the mail this week to get put on the list-got very busy at work and forgot to send it out.