Early TR Gage pods?

80sportcoupe

Any of you guys with the pre-'82 TRs/Regals running aftermarket gages? How are you mouting them for visibility?

I'd like to go with A-Pillar, but the dual pods I've seen on the web are for '82 and up.

I'll be putting a caspers knock gage and a yet-to-be-determined boost gage in the TR once on the road.

Thanks-
George

A-pillars are the same from 1978/88. They just list them from '82-up because '82 is as far back as the G-body parts book goes.

Check with Autometer. #10402 is listed for 1978/87 Pontiac Grand Prixs. It's the same pod I have in my Regal. #10400 is the GN pod - it's just the 10402 painted gray.

Take a look at the #4301 boost gauge.

There is going to be a problem running the Casper's knock gauge with a 1980 (unless it has a ECM). I don't think there is any way to connect them to the pre-ECM knock controller. :(

It would be possible to run a second knock sensor, controller and gauge. You would need to drill and tap a hole for the sensor, but I think this would very difficult with the engine in the car.

Thanks for the feedback Rich, that makes sense 'bout the A pillar.

I was looking a t the Autolites- they look like good product.

The Caspers gauge will be feeding off an '87 setup, so no worries there. I took the easy way out on the engine... :rolleyes: