"earlbrown" timing cover/ oil system

earlbrown

runs with scissors
Photo1272.jpg
Photo1269.jpg

It comes complete as shown with a match ported set of gaskets installed, fuel pump plate gasket, cam sensor O-ring, high pressure spring and extra relief valve gasket. With the extra spring and gasket that makes four different oil pressure settings to fine tune the pressure.

$400 plus $20 for priority shipping with tracking in lower 48. Add $65 for a complete SS allen bolt kit (a $100 value)
timing cover.jpg

Don't know if I should PM you because of this question. But been a BBC guy forever & lovin the buick experience, but here goes..why do I want adjustable oil pressure? More the better in a chevy, but what am I missing?

Don't know if I should PM you because of this question. But been a BBC guy forever & lovin the buick experience, but here goes..why do I want adjustable oil pressure? More the better in a chevy, but what am I missing?

Some people want a million PSI thinking that's required and others of us think plenty of PSI is..... well, plenty :)

Actually it's just a way to fine tune the pressure to account for stuff like oil temp, ambiant air temps, with and/or without an external oil cooler, viscosity, etc.....

For example I run one of these oil systems (because I know the guy that builds them :) ) with the light spring and one gasket with 0W-30 synthetic oil. With .0009"on the mains and .001" on the rods I don't have to jack the pressure though the roof to make my engine happy.

On the other side of the coin there's a bunch of people that want to run 20W-50 with the stiff spring.

I'm building a BBC for my boat and I modded its oil pump last week too :)

Some people want a million PSI thinking that's required and others of us think plenty of PSI is..... well, plenty :)

Actually it's just a way to fine tune the pressure to account for stuff like oil temp, ambiant air temps, with and/or without an external oil cooler, viscosity, etc.....

For example I run one of these oil systems (because I know the guy that builds them :) ) with the light spring and one gasket with 0W-30 synthetic oil. With .0009"on the mains and .001" on the rods I don't have to jack the pressure though the roof to make my engine happy.

On the other side of the coin there's a bunch of people that want to run 20W-50 with the stiff spring.

I'm building a BBC for my boat and I modded its oil pump last week too :)
Thanks for the info earl.. and not being a dick about it.

Holy crap!! hey Nick, I thought you were done with Buicks. Good to see y0u still hanging around! :)

I will say I have mine and looks great on the block and also changed all bolts to S/S... Its the small details that make me smile.... Great products

You cannot go wrong using Earl's cover. He knows his stuff and his mods work as advertised. I have been stocking the Earl Brown Tming Covers for about 4 years now. They are all I use on my engine builds. Earl I am out again..... been real busy

You cannot go wrong using Earl's cover. He knows his stuff and his mods work as advertised. I have been stocking the Earl Brown Tming Covers for about 4 years now. They are all I use on my engine builds. Earl I am out again..... been real busy

You just love hitting me up during heat waves! I need bring you down to GA one day and let you stare at the humidity gauge thinking it's stuck at 100%!!