EAGLE crank and rod update

Re: Billet vs. forged

Originally posted by panic
http://www.robertpowersmotorsports.com/Technical_Info.html[/url]

Now THERE'S a heck of an explaination!
That man knows what he's talking about and puts it in plain english.
Definately worth the read.
Kudos for the link panic.:)

Spent quite a bit of time talking with Tim from Eagle at SEMA. It appearsthey have done their homework and this will be a great item for us. We placed an order there so we could get some of the first units he told us Jan or Feb delivery. Rods will be a little longer.
Mike Licht
Full throttle Speed & Style
586 790 4406

Mike,

Any chance of a wide journal version for us want to be stage 2 guys?

I stopped by the Eagle booth at SEMA and they confirmed that cranks are coming. They would not quote a price or a date.......which kinda made me wonder if yhey were BSing me.

Dave

Originally posted by turbodave231
I stopped by the Eagle booth at SEMA and they confirmed that cranks are coming.

They would not quote a price or a date.......which kinda made me wonder if yhey were BSing me.

Dave

I'm buying another BMS crank this week, Dave, because WHO THE HECK KNOWS WHEN anything is going to ACTUALLY be available.

Pie in the sky is not very satisfying.

Originally posted by Turbonics
I'm buying another BMS crank this week, Dave, because WHO THE HECK KNOWS WHEN anything is going to ACTUALLY be available.
Pie in the sky is not very satisfying.

Reminds me of the rhetoric about the TA aluminum block during the 4 years it went from "discussion" to "shipping".:) Not only does a project like this require substantial financing, the development and logistics also takes time and scheduling that is hard to control.

Have followed the Eagle Buick forged crank for the past 6-8 months and have had a discussion with the owner about development, testing and production, I am convinced of its "comming".

Possibly we will have the opportunity to assist with early samples for "real world" fit and testing. With the present schedule, this will not happen until early next year. Their long term plan is to produce these in quantity so the crank and rods with 3.40" stroke will be a shelf stock item.

eagle

Originally posted by turbodave231
I stopped by the Eagle booth at SEMA and they confirmed that cranks are coming. They would not quote a price or a date.......which kinda made me wonder if yhey were BSing me.

Dave

...they are a smart company, and did as we should have with our backorders in the past, they are telling you this to save their arsses if they have a problem or have a problem and have to increase the price of the product!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Reminds me of the rhetoric about the TA aluminum block during the 4 years it went from "discussion" to "shipping". Not only does a project like this require substantial financing, the development and logistics also takes time and scheduling that is hard to control.

uuh, yeah! what he said!;) :D ;)

Originally posted by Scott231
John - I have never dealt with Stage 2 TR equipment, but why would you want to put a narrow-journal crank into a Stage Motor?

FYI - It is my understanding that what Eagle will produce will be narrow journal crankshafts.

Scott,
I believe it has to do with bearing availability. Choices are limited with the wide journal in the plus sizes. I run a BMS narrow journal and carillos. No real downsides or disadvantages IMO.
Chris

Originally posted by Mike Licht
Spent quite a bit of time talking with Tim from Eagle at SEMA. It appearsthey have done their homework and this will be a great item for us. We placed an order there so we could get some of the first units he told us Jan or Feb delivery. Rods will be a little longer.
Mike Licht
Full throttle Speed & Style
586 790 4406
January is here and February is coming any NEW word:confused:

Originally posted by 49-blues
How much is a TA long block assembled by them run about?

How does that saying go? "If you have to ask its more then you can afford!":eek: Not bashing you just saying what come to my head!!

just spoke to eagle.....

they said late spring now on the cranks???
Balancing problems????

im building a 700hp motor
should i just use the stock crank with my girdle and middle caps?

do u guys think its worth the wait? i was trying to get the engine running by spring/summer time :(

Originally posted by 1000MileStylez
just spoke to eagle.....

they said late spring now on the cranks???
Balancing problems????

im building a 700hp motor
should i just use the stock crank with my girdle and middle caps?

do u guys think its worth the wait? i was trying to get the engine running by spring/summer time :(

IMO a good stock crank (that has been magnafluxed and checks out for having no cracks) would work fine for a 700hp 109 motor with a girdle and the 2 center steel main caps...... Roy Garcia has a stock crank in his TSM motor that has to be making at least 850hp (his car weighs 3450lbs and has run 9.60's @141mph) and as far as I know he also uses an RJC girdle.... I guess it just depends on whether or not you're willing to wait for an eagle crank and if your stock crank is worth using....

HTH and good luck :) :cool:

I really wanted to build a stroker motor, guess that will be next summer/spring hopefully my crank is good

Originally posted by 1000MileStylez
I really wanted to build a stroker motor, guess that will be next summer/spring hopefully my crank is good

Maybe you should look for a narrow journal BMS forged crank (post in the Parts Wanted section) or if you don't mind spending $2K or so for a crank I'm sure you can get a Billet piece from TA Performance.... Hey it's only money after all!:D

I was just tryimg to get a ballpark figure so i will know what to put aside when i sell off two of my cars.$8000.? $12,000.? $16,000? whats closest?I have enough cash to buy any motor i would want, but id like to sell two of my turbo cars to use for the new TA engine-this would help me into knowing what i should ask for my two cars.I didnt have to ask but since no one has talked about a complete motor price assembled by nick micale i thought i would ask.