Eagle 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFTS (Lowered Price)

tbirdv6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFTS

Forged 4340 steel crankshafts have been tested and proven to excel in engines producing 1,000 horsepower and 10,000 RPM. The premium 4340 aircraft quality steel with vacuum degassed forging process creates a clean and pure crankshaft. The state-of-the-art CNC machine centers provide superior tolerance.

4340 crankshafts incorporate these features:
- Computer designed counterweight to reduce main bearing loads.

- CNC machined to provide superior tolerance and journals micro polished to 5 RMS.

- Generous 0.125" journal radii to disperse stress under high loads.

- Each crankshaft has been visually inspected, X-rayed, magnafluxed, and ultrasonic tested to ensure perfection.

- Journal surfaces are treated with plasma gas nitrite to HRC60 hardness for superior wear resistance.

Works w/Stock Rods

Have a few left
Double boxed & bubble wrapped, insured for $500, shipped via UPS, & tracking # emailed.

$425 to your doorstep!!

FRED
turbobuick2@yahoo.com

I have one of these in my motor, very nice piece. I wish I got mine for $425 though, can I have a refund of $75 Fredo........ :cool:

Why arent these cranks coming in an Eagle box if they are Eagle cranks?
My buddy just got his from Fred and it had CKS-121 written on it. Checking Full Throttle's website and find the part number for the Cat Crank is CKS-121
I spoke to Brian at Eagle today and he informed me that ANY Eagle crank will have Eagle etched into it.
Whats the deal? :confused:

i purchased 1 of these cranks.it was a cat crank not a eagle. i did some research and found out the cranks are the same exact forging from the same place just machined by the differant companys.. i was also told that the quality is as good.. was alittle disappointed that i was told i was getting an eagle and got a cat?? and paid 500.00 when i could have bought the same exact crank from another vender for under 400.00?? but other than that it was new and perfect shape. just not what i thought i was buying. :confused: :mad: :confused:

Why did you pay $500 if he says $425 shipped to your door. Just curious?? Frank

You need to read your TIMELINE on these Postings!
Cost of these Cranks have come down (also known as price changes)
Their MRSP are $772
I Sold them awhile back @ $600, then $500, now $425

Eagle/Cat = Taurus/Sable

FRED

tbirdv6 said:
Eagle/Cat = Taurus/Sable

No its not. Eagle has been around longer and their machning is more precise than CAT. I use to sell BOTH Eagle and Cat, I only sell Eagle now. Now if CAT has improved their product/maching, well then I hope everyone has good luck with them.
But saying Eagle is the same as Cat, is wrong.

EightSecV6
We dont sell JUNK! Join Date: Jul 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAT still machines SOME for Eagle, according to them. Putting them side by side, they are nearly identical. The only visual difference is the knurling on the CAT crank is a little deeper in the later versions, you could not tell any difference in the older versions side by side. Cat already has a 3.625 stroker crank in the catalog and it will be in full production early/mid summer, I am sure Eagle will sell these too.
Baltimore, MD 21222

410-282-9335

Mike Licht
Founding Father Join Date: May 2001

There is only one forging vendor in China for these cranks. All the cranks come from the same place. Cat used to machine them all. Now Cat does theirs and Eagle does theirs, but the forgings are the same.
Mike
Specials in our eBay Store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Full-Throttle-Speed

I rest my case!!!!!
FRED

Eagle 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFTS (Lowered Price)

Regardless where the cranks are forged and or machined. You stated in your Title that you had EAGLE cranks for $425 shipped.
Are you selling EAGLE Cranks, shipped for $425 or are you selling CAT cranks for $425 shipped??

The only reason Im asking, I have a customer that wants one (EAGLE Crank) and I told him $499 + 1/2 freight. He told me about this post and I responded.

I get them from a distributor, some of them say eagle & some says cks-231

Down here in Florida we've had several motors at the machine shop using the above crank w/great sucess-check the other postings of mine & email/pm those people that have purchased them & you'll find no difference

If you want a so called Eagle-then you need to order them directly from Eagle

FRED

My crank is being dropped in my motor within the next few weeks, the machining and internal balancing has been done. The machinist and the engine builder are both respected members who frequent this board. Neither of them told me this is a junk crankshaft, regardless of if it is a CAT or an Eagle (mine actually is an Eagle crank) I got a great deal at $500 shipped to my door. My apologies to Fred for jokingly asking for a refund.... :cool:

tbirdv6 said:
I get them from a distributor, some of them say eagle & some says cks-231

Down here in Florida we've had several motors at the machine shop using the above crank w/great sucess-check the other postings of mine & email/pm those people that have purchased them & you'll find no difference

If you want a so called Eagle-then you need to order them directly from Eagle

FRED

Thats great that the CAT cranks are working fine. But when you place an ad saying EAGLE cranks and ship someone (who is under the impression that they are getting an EAGLE crank) a CAT crank, well that is mis-leading to your consumer. Now if you tell them UP FRONT when they place the order that you are shipping them a CAT crank and they decide thats ok. Well then its no harm.
If you are having great luck with the CAT cranks, why not use the term CAT crank in your ad and not rely on the EAGLE?

Eagle does sell direct, but you will pay Retail or at least Racer net.