E85 wideband?

GNWANTED

Shake & Bake!
I am in need of a wideband, will any wideband work ok or should I get one specific to E85? I see AEM has one that is set up for E85 and has a range of 5.7-11.9

Thanks,

No, there's no particular reason to get an E85 wideband. All it does is scale the A/F differently on the display.

I use the innovate motorsports xd 16 stand alone. here it is Innovate Motor Sports On-Line Store ($299) You can set it in the software to read E85 A/F ratio or gas A/F ratio or a bunch of others. and it can plug into a laptop and you can datalog or record as you drive. When combined with this SSI-4: 4 Channel Simple Sensor Interface ($124)You can now datalog the wideband as well as four other parameters. I chose to datalog RPM'S/map/tps/knock and after a wide open throttle pass it is invaluable the data you get from these logs and you will probably be surprised at what you miss from just peeking over at the gauge as you drive. I will say the stand alone wideband install was straight forward and easy, but it was alittle involved to initially set up everything in software for the SSI-4, but it was well worth the effort after I saw what it could do. Good luck with whatever you choose:smile:

Thanks for the info! I have a powerlogger so I think if I hook it up thru that I can log the AFR. Looks like I better take advantage of the TT sale going on:biggrin: