E85..fuel cell and fuel rails

Trbobuick

Boost addict
Im switching over to E85/E98 and was wondering about some of your experiences with it.

I have an aluminum fuel cell and aluminum fuel rails. Some people say anodize the bare aluminum, some say alodize it. Others are claiming that the anodizing will be eaten by the E85 and say not to do anything about it . Couple of people say to powdercoat it . I have no idea how to powdercoat the insides of a fuel rail. What about ceramic coatings ?

Im not sure what to do at this point. Ideas ?

i did a google search for this and a lot of people have had no problems just useing the bare aluminum im in the same boat as u i want to use my aluminum stuff but i just dont want damage any thing

I've yet to see E85 hurt anything anodized, but I have 1st hand experience with it hurting aluminum. My thread is in this section.

So, I wouldn't let E85 touch anything aluminum, every things either Stainless Steel or Anodized. Not familiar with what Alodize will do but SS and anodizing are proven.

I believe there is a company that makes SS fuel rails for us, I've been thinking about getting them made from my CNC buddy. But since the fuel drains back I wouldn't be as concerned vs fuel cells and gas tanks where it just sits.