E85 cranking/start values for XFI-- she doesn't like the cold...

GN SBS

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone running E85 and XFI has stumbled onto a reasonably good cold start tune?

I know E85 is tough when it's cold, but I'm cranking for minutes before it starts with my current setup.

In the cranking fuel table , my injector pulse width values are 40-45 (ms) when coolant temp is between 0 -50F. Ideas here or in other tables?

Thanks,
Scott

Got a .bin you can send me? I have lots of experience with E85 on my LT1, was able to cold start down to 20F (hard, but started), and reliably down to 35F (enough for daily driving still).

I just haven't spent any time on the GN .bin.

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone running E85 and XFI has stumbled onto a reasonably good cold start tune?

I know E85 is tough when it's cold, but I'm cranking for minutes before it starts with my current setup.

In the cranking fuel table , my injector pulse width values are 40-45 (ms) when coolant temp is between 0 -50F. Ideas here or in other tables?

Thanks,
Scott

here is my cranking fuel table

remember the colder it gets the more afterstart fuel youll need as well to keep it running!
-Dan

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 349
Been wondering if I have TOO MUCH fuel at low temps, tried using lower values (closer to 20 ms) last weekend without any success-- still took a WHILE.

At 120#ers I do have big injectors. May just need to tinker with this more, or it just may the difficulty of dealing with chemical properties of E85 and cold temps.

E85%20cold%20start.JPG

^ i would tweak that table for sure. i dont see it needing that much. 20-30 is about right

Also, make sure you have your fuel energy constant set to .680 It uses that value to trim your cranking fuel table. I'm pretty sure you are flooding the engine with those values.