XFI cranking fuel values for E85 cold starts?

GN SBS

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone running E85 and XFI has a good cold start tune?

I know E85 is tough when it's cold, but I'm cranking for minutes before it starts with my current setup.

In the cranking fuel table , my injector pulse width values are 40-45 (ms) when coolant temp is between 0 -50F. Ideas here or in other tables?

Thanks,
Scott

You may need more IAC starting position when cold. Those number seem awful high gasoline numbers are usually 10-15 ms max cold.

You may need more IAC starting position when cold. Those number seem awful high gasoline numbers are usually 10-15 ms max cold.

Thanks-- my IAC starting position is at 150 between 0 - 75F, 122 @ 109F, 89 @ 146F, and 60 when temps > 180F.

If you have an extended crank and you don't have to give it throttle to get it started, it's usually the cranking fuel table and not the IAC starting position. It's nearly impossible to predict the cranking fuel needed without knowing the injector size even if we assume it's a Buick V6.

If you have an extended crank and you don't have to give it throttle to get it started, it's usually the cranking fuel table and not the IAC starting position. It's nearly impossible to predict the cranking fuel needed without knowing the injector size even if we assume it's a Buick V6.

Thanks & fair enough-- they're 130# injectors and you're correct that I don't have to give it gas to get her started.

I just looked at the tune of an E85 Buick I did this morning. Try using 12ms@0 degrees tapering to 10ms@50 degrees. Also watch the XFI box and make sure you are seeing the injectors pulsing soon after you start cranking.

I just looked at the tune of an E85 Buick I did this morning. Try using 12ms@0 degrees tapering to 10ms@50 degrees. Also watch the XFI box and make sure you are seeing the injectors pulsing soon after you start cranking.

Many thanks for the specifics-- I'll give this a shot.