E85 Charlton Plaza East on MA Turnpike

bison

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
82% on 7/12/2016
2d83eda66ee457386826b08a517d2e98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hop, skip and a jump from J. D. Can't get there from his house though. If it makes it as far as Lowell, I might consider switching over.

What were they charging up there?

The only place near me, 25 minutes away, has jacked up their prices to around $260 a gallon cause “we’re the only ones around”

D

since they are the only one around I wonder if they will constantly run out of it? At least it will be fresh when there is some!

What were they charging up there?

The only place near me, 25 minutes away, has jacked up their prices to around $260 a gallon cause “we’re the only ones around”

D
It was 2.459/gallon. I don't care if it was $5/gallon. I'd pay it in a second if I knew i was getting 80% or better crystal clear E85. Those who are running e85 aren't doing it for economy reasons. They are doing it because of the benefits it offers. I've personally never tuned an e85 car that made less power than any other fuel. I've seen a couple engines make more on a race gasoline but they were purpose built class racers and I'd be $$$ if they ran higher percentages of ethanol or methanol than 85% they would be able to make more power than gas

Point taken.

It's just the fact that they, at one time, we're selling the e85 cheaper that 87 if I'm not mistaken.

The cockyness was douchey.

D

Don't fotget, ethanol is shipped by train cars to depots to be mixed with gasoline. That effects the cost.

It was 2.459/gallon. I don't care if it was $5/gallon. I'd pay it in a second if I knew i was getting 80% or better crystal clear E85. Those who are running e85 aren't doing it for economy reasons. They are doing it because of the benefits it offers. I've personally never tuned an e85 car that made less power than any other fuel. I've seen a couple engines make more on a race gasoline but they were purpose built class racers and I'd be $$$ if they ran higher percentages of ethanol or methanol than 85% they would be able to make more power than gas

Bison, is E85's Octane & good cooling enough to run without an IC for a relatively stock engine ?

Bison, is E85's Octane & good cooling enough to run without an IC for a relatively stock engine ?

I don't have the data to back that up but possibly

spoiled here in ohio (cincinnati), as it is everywhere and its clear as a bell....and my fast reads .68 (85%) every time and every station I filled at.

$1.65-$1.80 here in TX, right now. I'm with Bison, I'd pay $5-$6 a gallon, just so I always know my power is there when I want and need it. My best location at this time of year usually tests between 85 and 88. I firmly believe, my car wouldn't be closing in on extremely low 11's, with stock engine, turbo and intercooler, without E85.

$1.65-$1.80 here in TX, right now. I'm with Bison, I'd pay $5-$6 a gallon, just so I always know my power is there when I want and need it. My best location at this time of year usually tests between 85 and 88. I firmly believe, my car wouldn't be closing in on extremely low 11's, with stock engine, turbo and intercooler, without E85.

Is E85's Octane & good cooling enough to run without an IC for a relatively stock engine ?

Thanks Raf . i'm just lazy ( most of ) sometimes ;)
NP...it seems like IAT's go pretty high without the IC...above 200 degrees, but only means so much because the cooling aspect of the E85 only happens in the chamber. I would think some meth with the E85 would perform pretty dang well without an IC, but I'm no guru.