E85 and Turbo Tweak chip

Nakamichiman

Just was curious what has to be done to run 120lb or 160lb injectors with a stock ecu on a power logger. I'm about at the limit of 80lb injectors.....I have enough fuel supply with a double red pump....but injectors are starting to max out.....car has been 6.98 through the eighth.....

If hi-z injectors are used will that make it easier....

Where is the best source for these injectors...thinking 160's but maybe 120's

Just was curious what has to be done to run 120lb or 160lb injectors with a stock ecu on a power logger. I'm about at the limit of 80lb injectors.....I have enough fuel supply with a double red pump....but injectors are starting to max out.....car has been 6.98 through the eighth.....

Your computer will have to be modified with Peak/Hold injector drivers.
Bob Bailey or Red Armstrong at (440) 235-3232.
You can raise fuel pressure to get you farther on the 80s.
You need to make sure that the pressure up stair rises also.

You only need enough fuel to accommodate the amount of air your motor moves, so your pumps are good. You won't be operating those injectors up to their full potential now. When you run out of fuel volume you could just exchange your second pump for one of the higher volume pumps. That way,you wouldn't have to worry about overcoming your fuel return line at an idle.

Whoa - just saw this - High-Z 160's??? Is that right? This would be great for the E85 guys - no modded ECM's.

Whoa - just saw this - High-Z 160's??? Is that right? This would be great for the E85 guys - no modded ECM's.
Ya pretty cool. Eric says they are working better than the old ones. Better street manners.

hit me with a PM when you get ready to sell the 80lb injectors.

Ahhh bummer.... just got a note from Eric that these hi-Z 160's may not be so great when they get warm.:(

Ahhh bummer.... just got a note from Eric that these hi-Z 160's may not be so great when they get warm.:(
That might actually be GOOD news. The price on those things is CRAZY high. Who all does the modifications to the ECM for lo-Z injectors? I might as well go ahead and fix myself up with a set of 120's and modded ECM - I know my 60's aren't going to cut it.

That might actually be GOOD news. The price on those things is CRAZY high. Who all does the modifications to the ECM for lo-Z injectors? I might as well go ahead and fix myself up with a set of 120's and modded ECM - I know my 60's aren't going to cut it.

Bob Bailey does the ECM modifications.

Who all does the modifications to the ECM for lo-Z injectors?

The last I knew, nobody does the mod anymore, unless some drivers surfaced somewhere. You could always install an external driver box, such as the AEM peak/hold module.
I'll be testing other hi-z options soon. Bosch has some 95lb and 115lb hi-z.
Eric

Thanks Eric! Do you sell the Bosch 115's? All I see in your store are hi-z 42's, 60's, 80's, and lo-Z 120's.

I'll check back with you every now and again in the future for "other" options.