E-85 with 60lber's?

SpeeednV6

I read some posts that some use 60's with E-85. If people run this, what are expected boost levels and set-up? I have 60's on the car and have access to E85. I can order an E-85 chip from TT. I'd like to know what boost can be obtained?

Won't get very far with that small of an injector... Your DC will hit 100% pretty fast!

60's could get you into the low 12's on E85 that would be about it.

How fast do you think you can go on 42# injectors and race fuel on your combo? That will be about all you can muster. E-85 kills the injector size by 30% or so. Then factor in the lower target A/f will consume more fuel also.I assume you have Ported Irons, 66mm, single intank....I wouldn't do it!

I would say low 11s on 60lbs and E85. I know guy who went 11.40s@117 on 36lbers and race gas.

once it starts running right, you may hit 100% at very low boost. been there, done that. i don't remeber the exacts, but i think i could hit 100% at super low boost, and run the risk of going lean at the end. i had 60 lbs injecters set close to 70psi static. got me more room, and seemed to keep up at the end of third... I've ran my best on e85, but using 120''s

best time was 11.8 , but pretty sure i had the 120's at that time. bumping the pressure is the only way to do it, but be careful at the end of 3rd.

but to help out, get bigger injectors. my opinion, e85 chip for 60's is a waste, but eric would definately be able to give more info than i could.

Well of you have the right supply(fuel pump) the injectors will go further. I know 80's will go very low 11's with a DP and Volt Booster and my car is heavy! Read this section of the board and get what you really need. I'm still tinkering but have learned a ton really fast without issues knock on wood. I will tell you if you don't have a wideband, your asking trouble.

I read some posts that some use 60's with E-85. If people run this, what are expected boost levels and set-up? I have 60's on the car and have access to E85. I can order an E-85 chip from TT. I'd like to know what boost can be obtained?

60lbs is what Eric at TurboTweak recommended to me for use with a stock turbo and E-85. He said they'd be good for high 11s with an upgrade to a slightly bigger turbo.

i now run a magna fuel 750 pump
-10 to y
-8 to rails
-8 return
champion rails
120's

should leave plenty of room to grow ;)

now, i tried mixxing it at first, and that worked good with a regular chip. always filled up with 4 gals 93 and 1 gal e85. i think that is where i was doing best, going full e85 actually hurt me, but i didn't know what i was doing, still don't really. making mistakes and learning, been pretty lucky too. with that mix, i could hit 21-23 #'s easy, but an exhaust leak kept me from seeing just how far it would go, never had any knock with e85. someone told me the pistons would jump out and say hello before it knocked, keep that in mind...

And what eric said there, is right where I was w te60. But I still had to bump up pressure.

Interesting my buddy was trapping at 120 with a single walbro 307 pump. Full weight car too. He was using an XFI and 83lbs injectors but that pump cant support more than 60s anyway.

So stock injectors are 28lbs and go 12 flat on race gas. So 60s can got low 12s on E85 with double the fuel. Your numbers arent adding up.

I've had several customers go mid 11's on 60's and E85. One guy went 11.30's. 60's and single Walbro. Yes, they hit 100% dc, but no big deal. These are lower RPM combo's, TA49's or 44's, non-ported, etc.

You see large variances in how fast people can go on E85 depending on RPM range, how the combo is set up. Also, how much E85 is used. In other words, some people are tuning for richer mixtures, like mid 10's A/F. I personally run an A/F of mid 11's on E85, but it depends on your comfort zone (risk level).

My own car ran ~109mph in the 1/8th, on E85, 84lb injectors, double pumper, stock lines, ~90% dc, 11.5 a/f at full boost.

Eric

My blue T runs 12.0 @ 110mph on E85. The 80's are running ~75% duty (which is equivalent to 60's at 100%) with solid 75psi fuel pressure.

With a better converter (one that doesn't slip 20% through the traps like my crappy vigilante) I could see it picking up a few more mph and getting into the 11's with some comfort.