Dynoed my car today

Oh yes indeed. I now see the fan in your pictures. I told you about the shop I went to in my previous reply. They set up no fan and I didn't notice until I saw the 220 temps. I told him to shut it down and asked where their fans were. He went and got some like Walmart special fan and put it in front of my car. This was a pretty reputable Porsche shop with lots of bad@ss 911's sitting around. I got half off the price because they were slow that day but man I would have expected they had some kind of nice industrial fan like in your pics. I guess I wont be revisiting them, even at half price!

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
Oh yes indeed. I now see the fan in your pictures. I told you about the shop I went to in my previous reply. They set up no fan and I didn't notice until I saw the 220 temps. I told him to shut it down and asked where their fans were. He went and got some like Walmart special fan and put it in front of my car. This was a pretty reputable Porsche shop with lots of bad@ss 911's sitting around. I got half off the price because they were slow that day but man I would have expected they had some kind of nice industrial fan like in your pics. I guess I wont be revisiting them, even at half price!
I don`t blame you, they sound very unprofessional. :mad:

"278 HP and 400 lb of Torque"

Those are great numbers for a near stock car at only 16 psi. Your doing a great job tunning that thing. What were your 02's at 90 mph (or top of 3rd) ? FP?

Later.

Re: "278 HP and 400 lb of Torque"

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Those are great numbers for a near stock car at only 16 psi. Your doing a great job tunning that thing. What were your 02's at 90 mph (or top of 3rd) ? FP?

Later.

I don`t really know. :rolleyes:

Thanks GNFLYBY, I finally have T/Link so now I can tune it for no knock and it should get better (if I get the time)

Originally posted by larry33kc
Thanks GNFLYBY, I finally have T/Link so now I can tune it for no knock and it should get better (if I get the time)

Hey Larry, I have what is probably a stupid question... But what exactly is this knock thing I keep hearing about. I mean what is it and if it`s bad... How can I avoid it? :D

GNflyby

Hey those are awsome numbers. I hope I can get mined tuned in close to that. :) Our setups are just about the same.

Well knock is also called detonation, or pinging, all of them are VERY BAD for the motor

The more knock that you have the more chance of blowing a head gasket or worse the motor!

Always run good high octane fue,l home brew, race, or premuim, and keep your boost at levels that will work best with your fuel

Maybe someone can chime in here with more know how on the subject

There is no stupid questions on this board everyone is happy to help

Originally posted by larry33kc
Well knock is also called detonation, or pinging, all of them are VERY BAD for the motor

The more knock that you have the more chance of blowing a head gasket or worse the motor!

Always run good high octane fue,l home brew, race, or premuim, and keep your boost at levels that will work best with your fuel

Maybe someone can chime in here with more know how on the subject

There is no stupid questions on this board everyone is happy to help

Thanks Larry. :D

Hi,

what's the going rate to get your car dyno'ed??

that's pretty good number for a basically stock motor especially when the advertised HP=245 & torque=355 back in 1987

Just had mine done it was 50 for three pulls or 70 for a 30 min.

If there`s anyone in the MILFORD CONNECTICUT area, I would recommend PRUVEN PREFORMANCE in MILFORD, They were courtious and very professional, fee $100 hr. Check`em out. :cool:

Thanx GNflyby, I also live in CT and I`ve been looking for a DYNO in CT, So thanx for the 411. :p