dyno tune Tuesday....what to expect?

brent lovett

I am finally putting my car on the dyno for a tune on Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone has input on what numbers I can expect based on the following mods...I am going to do a 93 and dual alky injection tune and also an e85 tune. I have spared no expense on this build over the last few years...it has been a painful journey to say the least

Turbo...precision 67/68 JB turbo
Heads...heavily ported champion aluminum
Cam...comp 218/218
FAST XFI base tune from Hartline
Injectors...precision 95 lb.
Downpipe...3.5" Terry Houston
Exhaust...single 3.5" with borla racing muffler
250 cubic inch with forged internals, Diamond pistons
1.65 t&d roller rockers
62mm ported stock throttle body
Alkyl Control dual nozzle meth injection
4" custom cold air intake
Dual Walboro 340 fuel pumps
Champion aluminum intake

Car currently weighs 3000 lbs with no driver. Obviously have done a lot in weight savings. I have seen almost identical builds claiming 715-735 hp. Is this realistic? Lots of people claim numbers without ever being put on a dyno. I aim to find out for sure on tuesday.

Thanks for any input
Brent

Definitely should break the 700 barrier. ive seen the 600whp broke with a lot less.

I am finally putting my car on the dyno for a tune on Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone has input on what numbers I can expect based on the following mods...I am going to do a 93 and dual alky injection tune and also an e85 tune. I have spared no expense on this build over the last few years...it has been a painful journey to say the least

Turbo...precision 67/68 JB turbo
Heads...heavily ported champion aluminum
Cam...comp 218/218
FAST XFI base tune from Hartline
Injectors...precision 95 lb.
Downpipe...3.5" Terry Houston
Exhaust...single 3.5" with borla racing muffler
250 cubic inch with forged internals, Diamond pistons
1.65 t&d roller rockers
62mm ported stock throttle body
Alkyl Control dual nozzle meth injection
4" custom cold air intake
Dual Walboro 340 fuel pumps
Champion aluminum intake

Car currently weighs 3000 lbs with no driver. Obviously have done a lot in weight savings. I have seen almost identical builds claiming 715-735 hp. Is this realistic? Lots of people claim numbers without ever being put on a dyno. I aim to find out for sure on tuesday.

Thanks for any input
Brent

Some questions,
which 218 lobes from comp and what lifters?
which valve springs and what are the open / closed pressures?
what do you have for a torque converter?
what do you have have for an Intercooler?

These are all important as to how much rpm and air you can move through the engine.

Thank you. I haven't ran the car over 10 lbs of boost yet but it feels like a rocket ship even at low boost.
Some questions,
which 218 lobes from comp and what lifters?
which valve springs and what are the open / closed pressures?
what do you have for a torque converter?
what do you have have for an Intercooler?

These are all important as to how much rpm and air you can move through the engine.

I have a precision stock location intercooler. I'm gonna have to check my cam sheet and some old receipts to answer the other questions. It's been so long since I bought all that stuff I can't remember

Enjoy your day at the dyno tuesday.....I really like dyno days, hope all goes well for you and look
forward to hearing back from you.

Fuel system on e85 will be your limit. Also that intercooler isn't going to help once you start pushing on it hard

Specs on the intercooler say up to 900 hp...so they say.
What mods would you suggest to the fuel system?
I remember years ago they say most slic's start to become a restriction at more then 650 crank hp ...

Depends on your goals but on e85 your going to need more fuel. those 95s might work if you always leave your twin alky kit on. I don't like using the alky to fix insufficient fuel systems. But it all depends on the goal

My 80s where out of steam at 26lbs on e85 still put down 580hp with your combo I'm saying you should make 675+ hp

Dank GN what turbo were you running?

I'm not going to push too hard on Tuesday. Just want to be sure everything looks good. I'm thinking now I may bump up to 120's and then see what it can do. I guess it all depends on how things are looking as we start adding more boost. Should be interesting

Fwiw we had 640-650whp with a stock location intercooler on a 9.6:1 274ci and drive pressure was through the roof and heat rejection sucked. 160+ I let temps after 3 seconds. A couple weeks later it went 9.8x at 3750lbs on 93/alky. Definitely was out of intercooler

Motor is a 3.840" x 3.625" using a girdled DLS rotating assembly topped with Diamond pistons. Compression is north of 9.0:1 static, but I'd have to look back at my notes for the exact numbers. Most of the machine work was done by myself with the help of Richard Clark at his facility. Heads are Champion aluminum, hand ported by Khai at NC Performance. I do not know what spring package is installed, nor the installed height. Lifters are Comp 885, unless they have been changed since I first installed them. The camshaft is a 218/218 sourced through DLS. I'd have to look at the lobe #'s, as there are a couple different variations, and I don't remember which we used for this engine. Torque converter is a PTC 17-blade non-lockup.

K.

The 95lb injectors will definitely be inadequate if leaned on with E85... For lower boost levels and 93-octane street tunes they should be fine.

K.

We are only do a 93 and alky tune tomorrow. Didn't get set up on the e85 in time but will just do that down the road when I feel like buying some bigger injectors I guess.