Dyno and track troubles

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
I had a little dyno session last week and had some troubles getting a good run laid down. I had chalked it up to a loose converter and not really getting the boost as soon as I should in the RPM range until I went to the track on Sat and had some troubles there also.

My car would basically run up to 5000 RPMS then lay down. In fact during the run you would see the rpms go up to 5K then drop to 4700-4800 then it would fire normally until it got to 5K and repeat the process. It would never rev above 5K.

I am thinking coilpack or module but my Dad has the tester so I can't check it for a couple days. I changed plugs at the track and checked to make sure the little ring on the cam sensor was ok. Anyone have any other ideas on stuff to look at.

TIA

Sully

Thanks for the info guys... but it has Champion Iron heads and they were just replaced when I had the motor freshened 6 months ago. It seems more electrical which is why I am thinking coilpack.

Sully

Well I just swapped out Coil and Module and it now pulls higher in street trim so it looks like it was one or the other. I am gonna have to head back to the Dyno at end of the week and check it out. Besides, the top V6 on the board had less than 500 hp. ;)

Sully