Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Idles awesome now. But my 02s are pegged at 1000mv, pretty smelly exhaust..

Your IAC steps are reading zero at idle, too much airflow, wait for the engine to reach operating temperature and back off of the fast idle screw on the throttle body until you see around 25 IAC steps at idle while watching the WUD...

Last edited:
Glad to see you are making progress. It's the worst when you make wiring mistakes. When I did mine I did a continuity check of each circuit to make sure I did it right. My whole harness is custom and I didn't want to have to tear into it to fix a mistake.

I wish I could see these files from work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p312r7g1zpcilq/10.dat?dl=0

Adjusted them. After holding RPMs higher than idle for a few moments the counts went back down to 16. Ill mess with them more tomorrow. For some reason I really suck at adjusting the IAC.

Your wideband is reading stoich at idle as the ECM pulls just enough fuel from the VE table due to it being richly tuned from the datalog before this one, which is good but you want to eliminate any correction percentage at idle. Do a few more VE learns to smooth it all out getting O2 correction down to 0% at idle while reading a rock solid 128 BLM/INT, while at the same time dialing in the IAC steps with the fast idle screw. As RBob would say, rinse then repeat... ;)

Your wideband is reading stoich at idle as the ECM pulls just enough fuel from the VE table due to it being richly tuned from the datalog before this one, which is good but you want to eliminate any correction percentage at idle. Do a few more VE learns to smooth it all out getting O2 correction down to 0% at idle while reading a rock solid 128 BLM/INT, while at the same time dialing in the IAC steps with the fast idle screw. As RBob would say, rinse then repeat... ;)
Another thing to try, is do the VE learn at idle using the BLM reading, then the WB. I did that, just for idle, and it brought the BLMs at idle right into play. I juggle back and forth between the WB and BLM learn just to speed things up. If the tune is way out, the ECM will keep pulling/adding fuel. I found it easier to do a BLM learn first, the fine tune things with the WB learn.

Of course, this only really works when your nbo2 is in good shape, and you IAC and the like are all where they are supposed to be.
I have to start deleting some from my PC, if I told you how many I have and just how much memory is being taken up by them you wouldn't believe me lol... :)

haha, I bet. I have a craptop just for the car, internet on it sux, but good for tuning. My work laptop I am on the most. When I get home, I don't get on the net except for on my phone.

Glad to see you are making progress. It's the worst when you make wiring mistakes. When I did mine I did a continuity check of each circuit to make sure I did it right. My whole harness is custom and I didn't want to have to tear into it to fix a mistake.

I wish I could see these files from work.

I traded a 71 Camaro for this car when I was in Iraq. My twin was cursing me because the wiring was a train wreck. Probably took a few years off his life stressing :D

I've tried doing BLM VE Learns at idle. Never seems to make any corrections....I'm going out to mess more with the IAC and maybe then it'll start working lol. I have to work 2 double shifts tonight and tomorrow, and then I'll be back on this thing for 4 days, I'll get the fender put back on (took it off for wiring), then go for a few cruises and do some learnin'

Need to run the wire for my FP gauge too. Ignore my FP in the logs.

Adjusted the IAC a little more, and it started learning. I was recording a log, but windows updates figured it was more important and rebooted my laptop. -_-

It was the CTS preventing it from VE learns. When the fans turned on, it started.

Have to bring the dog to vets, then Ill try to post one before I head to bed. I'm getting some knock when it first starts now. Will investigate...

I am getting knock with mine when I first start it also. Never looked into it. My SBC recorded knock when first starting too.

Jeez you guys are too fast for me lol, was just gonna tell him that...

Set that Auto from Manual setting, as well as Fahrenheit from Celsius too... ;)

68a3f4a2-f3a3-4c94-a771-a0f0231af2ec_zpssenh8sve.jpg

There is still a Knock Count prevalent during the datalog, and I notice that your slipping in and out of Closed Loop during idle and part throttle. Are you trying to run an Open Loop idle...?

Trying to run closed loop.

The only place I noticed any knock counts was when I shut the car off, to flash the new .bin after some learnin'. I didn't catch any knock other than that, I'm watching the log over again though. Even at startup, my Caspers knock sensor never went off. Not sure if thats normal or not.

What would cause it slip out of CL during idle?