DW300 fuel pump wiring and install

thbjcb

Not sure how to wire up the new pump. The new wiring is red and black. Do I splice into the gray into the red and black in to the black which is in the tank? Should I use the original 3 wire connector to connect up to the new hot wire kit? Other posts have the tube cut off to increase flow but hole size coming out of the pump is still the same size anyway. Do u just let the pump rest on the hanger or fasten it down? The old pump has the foam sleeve, put it on the new one or leave it off? Please post pics if u have them

Attachments

• FA4844E9-1E64-4B0E-A665-ACF86280FFCD.jpeg
    FA4844E9-1E64-4B0E-A665-ACF86280FFCD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
Use the foam sleeve, it helps keep the pump cool, u cam get a new one form Summit Racing if urs is bad. I had it cut the bottom ring of mine, a worm clamp would hold it in place. I haven't started mine yet, so I can't tell u about the wire connections. I hopeven I have it right. Lol

Use the foam sleeve, it helps keep the pump cool, u cam get a new one form Summit Racing if urs is bad. I had it cut the bottom ring of mine, a worm clamp would hold it in place. I haven't started mine yet, so I can't tell u about the wire connections. I hopeven I have it right. Lol
Foam sleeve is for noise suppresion not cooling, the fuel cools the pump as it flows through and submersed.

Racetronix used to sell an "intermediate harness" to replace all that stuff but not anymore. I think they still carry something similar for Caprice that could be made to work for Buick.... with some tinkering.

Why not just use the supplied harness and cut the old one out and crimp in the new one . The black is ground and the red is positive .

So I crimp the red to the grey and black to the black? (See pic). Any concerns with the factory 3 wiring coming out of the fuel assembly going into the hot wire alternator setup? They grey/hot wire of the factory harness looks to be the same gage wire as the new connector

So I crimp the red to the grey and black to the black? (See pic). Any concerns with the factory 3 wiring coming out of the fuel assembly going into the hot wire alternator setup? They grey/hot wire of the factory harness looks to be the same gage wire as the new connector
Nope you should be good to go bud .