DW 400 Fuel Pump Install...FWIW

HellOnWheels

HellOnWheels
FWIW...make sure you replace the stock 15 amp fuse with the correct rated fuse or risk possible major engine damage. I did not do so when I installed the DW400!
After the fp install, and on the first wot test run, boost was around 14-15 #'s when the stock 15 amp fuse blew causing a major lean out EXPLOSION!! Fortunately my engine was still in one piece and still running after replacing the fuse.
According to the paperwork that came with the DW 400 it shows the necessary rated amperage that the pump requires. I read "part" of the paperwork but obviously not all.

HTH

No. According to Richard Clark's write up on the DW 400 a hotwire is not needed as the pump will work with lower than 12v which in turns wears less on the fp.
Do a search and read his write up/test on the fp installed in a stock setup.

I would still run a Hotwire kit. Fuses are there to protect the wiring not the component so if it’s drawing more current than the wire is rated for the wires can overheat and cause a fire.

A Hotwire kit will eliminate this ant the wire form the alternator to the fuel pump is 10 gauge and can handle the higher current. It’s fused and 30 A is no problem.

Did you mount this on a stock hanger? Has anyone tried this on a racetronix hanger?