Dunno what to think, opinions please!!

milesengineer2

Before I get upset over a deal I had let me ask the rest of the board their opinions.
I thought I needed a coil pack for my car, had a miss past 10psi. So I bought a used one from a fellow member that was promised to be good.
Recently I had bought a couple of new sensors and they had turned out to be bad so figuring I should cover my butt I asked him to put it on his car to make sure it would work. He told me he was too "lazy" to do it but promised that if it didnt work he would buy it back from me.
I finally get a chance last weekend to swap out the part and no start. Pull off the plug wires and no spark from the coil. Hmmm, check the grounds, bolt tightness still nothing. The car had run about 5 minutes before with the old coil pack and ign module. Reinstall the old one and voila it starts and runs.
I send a pm to the seller and ask what he could do for me and the response I got was, " I dont refund money on electronic parts". But he promised he would buy it back.

Being that it is an electrical part do I just take the 50 and eat it or should I flame??

Thanks for the opinions..

Lee

I feel your pain, Sucks getting the shaft, I just got it for the first time after many honorable deals on the boards.

You could probably send the seller a copy of the email where he stated he would buy it back if it were no good., And warn you'll post neg feedback if he doesnt. It may help. Electrical parts are
a tough area though. Good luck..

Yeah I would do the same Just try to e-mail him and try to work things out first,If he is a real man he will keep his word and refund your money.If he don't then his word is only good for $50.00 bucks and thats not saying much for him or his character.Good luck

If he didn't put it on the car and verify it worked prior to putting it in the box to ship, he can't verify it was in working order. He should refund your $$ and learn from the mistake.

Originally posted by milesengineer2
Before I get upset over a deal I had let me ask the rest of the board their opinions. ..................

.............I send a pm to the seller and ask what he could do for me and the response I got was, " I dont refund money on electronic parts". But he promised he would buy it back.

Being that it is an electrical part do I just take the 50 and eat it or should I flame??

Lee

If you can send me an e-mail that he said it would work or he would buy it back, I will help you get this resolved.

The only "power" we have is to NOT let him sell any more items on our board. My feeling is that he sold a "working" part, because it is electrical makes no difference.

Please contact me at my e-mail address with info if you want help.