Dump pipes

tracy

I'm not happy with the way my ATR exhaust sounds and am considering a dump pipe.

Those of you that have them..how do you like them?

Where can I get one and does someone make an electrically controlled one?

you can get dump pipes from several buick vendors, and i believe even summit and jegs have 3 inch pipes that will work as well.

for the electric cutout you are talking about, www.buickgn.com has the best one on the market...

GET THE ELECTRIC CUTOUT. it sounds cool at idle and boost but driving around town the drone is seriously unbearable. It shakes everything in the car. Makes the turbo whistle sound awesome though:cool: :D

i love mine. $32 from summit. i have some complaints about the way summit makes them, the hole in the straight part of the pipe to go into the dump portion is probably half as big as it should be, i spent 20 minutes with a die grinder on mine, i'm guessing it probably flows twice as much now as it would have witht he little slit summit put in it. other than that its great.

you can hear the turbo at idle, give it any throttle and its screaming, I really don't mind driving around town with it uncaped, but its not cool on the highway, that gets really old really quick.

AND i droped 2 tenths with a flowmaster muffler, so you won't see that kind of time drop, but i bet you'd see something, and notice i spooling faster.

i dont see any significant gains at the track running open or closed with hookers....but on the street the spool is quicker when open...

back to back runs, closed then open 12.96 and 12.95, same mph