dump pipe

j-6

Have any one ever tried dumping there exhaust coming out of the turbine housing

I guess your talking about dumping it out the fender, or the shortest possible distance from the housing to the atmosphere? Its been done before. For a street car its gonna be LOUD, and you will be begging to get pulled over. For a race car it will be fine, BUT I suggest your car be Fast to do a mod like that. Theres nothing worst the hearing a car with loud exhaust then see it running a 12.0 :rolleyes: .

Thanks daily driver my car is fast I have a 10sec set-up,but cant you cap it off under the fender.

Thanks daily driver my car is fast I have a 10sec set-up,but cant you cap it off under the fender.

Its Drifter BTW:cool: but anyways I think a cut out could be just as effective that way you dont hack a hole in the fender. Ive seen them come out right in front of the front tire, it might be a little more efficent having a straight shot to the atmosphere.

Theres nothing worst the hearing a car with loud exhaust then see it running a 12.0 :rolleyes: .

LMAO! That's what I say when I go to the track and see a trailered open headered car run high 12's/13's, "all that noise, for what!?":D

A friend of mine had fabbed his "Downpipe" out of a diesel exhaust tip, was nearly as big around as it was long, the control arm bushing hated the set up:p , It wasn't as loud as I would have thought.

My car had a modified elbow on it and there was a exhaust collector welded to it.It had the cap on it, there must of been a matching pipe somebody made that exited the pass inner fender.I pulled it off and never tried it.

The Fenderwells are turbo specific, not reproduced and have been out of dealer stock since 1996 or so.

Only an idiot would cut a hole in theirs in 2009.

Im going to put a cut-out on my Kirban special for now I have a stock exhaust system I want to see how much difference it will make I will take these sorry azz nittos off my car and put some mickey thompson off road slicks on them I,m going to the track with my boost set at 25lbs with a good tune.

Im going to put a cut-out on my Kirban special for now I have a stock exhaust system

So if your runnin into the 10s and you have a Kirban two peice, that also means your running a stock elbow plus stock exhaust

Wow all that restriction and your in the 10's!!!! man your the new guru, I think we found grumpys competition.:rolleyes:

So if your runnin into the 10s and you have a Kirban two peice, that also means your running a stock elbow plus stock exhaust

Wow all that restriction and your in the 10's!!!! man your the new guru, I think we found grumpys competition.:rolleyes:

10's in the 1/8 mile.

Lol Grumpy would still find a way to have that set up in the 9's

10's

I said set-up I never said my car ran into the tens I have seen several people sell engines on this board and refer to them as 10sec engines, with the parts I have in my engine my motor is set up for some 10's:cool:

I said set-up I never said my car ran into the tens I have seen several people sell engines on this board and refer to them as 10sec engines, with the parts I have in my engine my motor is set up for some 10's:cool:

So since other people sell 10sec engines, you take the list of parts and assume your gonna be there eh?
It aint set up for nothin with a stock elbow and thats attached to the engine, heads, cam and some other assorted shiny parts dont mean your in the 10s

Perhaps what you really mean to say is you have a pretty stout block, heads and cam to work with, and with a Dp, exhaust, patience to iron out the bugs and get a really damn good tune you hope to in the near future be knocking on the 10's:cool:

fender well dump

old school, lot of old timers did this many years ago. Brady Perry comes to mind. Have to cut a hole in the fender well under your over flow. At the Nationals in '91 Brady blew out a front runner when he turned to sharp in the pits after a run. A short pipe was put on for racing.

Attachments

• fender well dump 001.jpg
    fender well dump 001.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 431
  • fender well dump 002.jpg
    fender well dump 002.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 422
old school, lot of old timers did this many years ago. Brady Perry comes to mind. Have to cut a hole in the fender well under your over flow. At the Nationals in '91 Brady blew out a front runner when he turned to sharp in the pits after a run. A short pipe was put on for racing.

thats really nice.......... your gonna sell it to me right?

:biggrin: A.j.

Them old school pics are all fine and dandy but I think somethings still missing here.

He posted a question about dump pipe options for his 10 SEC COMBO then reveals the fact that he's running a 2 peice with stock elbow.

What that question in and of itself really boils down to is He's thinking up ways to cut corners because he chompin at the bit to get that car to the track with out stepping back, getting his funds together, his list of parts, setting up his suspension, pinion, linelock or transbrake and taking his time through many runs working on his tune and 60ft times, and of course without a bar, once he breaks the 11's he's kicked off the track but thats beside the point.

And if one wants to cut corners with these cars, What that that number 10 might ultimitly come down to is.... His motor will hold up for either 10 hrs, 10 days or 10 weeks and once its toast it will set for 10 months or 10 years. or he will get it back together to the tune of 10 grand.

I aint trying to jerk your chain but asking about Dumps to bypass your crappy exhaust is to me looking to cut corners, if your combo is built to run and run hard, trying to push it all through that elbow/exhaust is like trying to crap through a cheerio and that stock elbow is your cheerio.

No im not trying to cut corners I already have the material to make a 3.5 single shot im just experimenting if doesn't work with my combo then well be it.But since were on this topic I have seen two well known Buick guys in North Alabama run similar set-up that have and one ran a 7.25 and one did a 6.90 like you said it does take lots of tuning but I seen it done Im not calling no names but one of them is on this board everyday,and by the way Huntsville is a 1/8 of mile track, people doubt these cars all the time the guy at PTC didn't beleive these cars made the torque that they make so thats why he added another tooth to his 9.5 converter that is selling like crazy so never say never.:cool:

No im not trying to cut corners I already have the material to make a 3.5 single shot im just experimenting if doesn't work with my combo then well be it.But since were on this topic I have seen two well known Buick guys in North Alabama run similar set-up that have and one ran a 7.25 and one did a 6.90:

Fab up your DP and be done with it, 20 plus years of experimenting done already, just a waste of time, if your looking for fast times on a stock setup then go back to stock and squeeze out as much as you can.

Its still comes down to the Cheerio effect, no amount of posting back and forth can or will change that.

However I have an electric dump off my DP bought from Mark H, I picked up a 3inch header flange and welded a 3inch pipe to it, angle cut it and stuck in on, looks good and deflects the sound downward.

How fast can you go with a ported stock elbow and a 3 inch kirban db?I know i am getting close that it might start holding me back.