Dumb Question

CORNFEDGN

How do you know your fuel pump is keeping up? My GN is on e85, 78# injectors, 340 pump, Fast b to b. At the top of 3rd gear the engine noses over a little, the fast says it's pulling a little fuel out and the fuel pressure is rock steady at 60 psi. running 20 psi boost. Thanks in advance

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it that you can read from the cockpit. It should track with boost. If not, the pump is not keeping up. If you're runnning 60 psi fuel pressure at idle with the vac line off, it should get to 80 psi once boost reaches 20 psi.

I had the guage so I could read it while driving and it does track with the boost. I assume if the fuel pressure isn't dropping off the pump must being keeping up. This is a 11.40 car on gas, I'm just trying to make sure I don't screw up on e85. My car runs like a champ on e85! Plus I feel like I should support ethanol as I probably produce and haul 200 loads of corn to local ethanol plants a year.

If it's pulling fuel out then I would think the pump is fine. If it was adding a bunch of fuel then I would lean toward a pump being bad. Is that your afr at the top of third gear also what are you using to read it?