Dumb Question about 84 Grand Nationals

Fryguy

10 Second Club
Do they come with the 8.5" rear end like the 86-87 cars?

We found a rolling chassis 84 we may build.

Thank you.

Yes, same rear end. The posi however was an option in all the turbo regals. Don't assume that it automatically has one. Check the spid sheet in the trunk for G80 option or jack it up and roll the rear end. Hope this helps.

Also...the posi used in the 84-85 cars was the weaker Eaton Gov-Loc style. Same axle housing and components, just different style of carrier.

Also...the posi used in the 84-85 cars was the weaker Eaton Gov-Loc style. Same axle housing and components, just different style of carrier.

I have not input . . . . but . . . .You need to get in here more often! :tongue:

my early build 84 (late 83 build date) has a regular Eaton clutch style diff in it.. it might not be original, but the car only had 56,000 miles on it when i got it and the gear oil that was in it when i got it didn't seem like it had ever been changed.

Hey I'm working on it. Going through another transistion in my life. LOL
Wishing you the very BEST Eric!
It is ALMOST 2012, so things should "come around" . . . quick. :cool:

To get the thread back on track . . 1984 Rear End.
According to the 'Fact and Figures book - Steven Dove", all cars equiped with the LM9 had a 8.5". (Or at least "were supposed to" :eek:)