Duel Intank pump question

pwrhws

settin' it off
I just got done making a "double pumper" of sorts.
I used the atr coupling block and two 307's but I am running both pumps all the time as opposed to staged. I ran a #8 feed to the motor and #6 return.

My question, is it normal for the pump to run fuel out the bypass all the time or am I just pushing too much fuel at one time.

Fuel pressure appears to be good. Will sit at 40 lbs with the motor off, But the 12 ga wire going to the pumps get warm.

I would think that the #6 return would be large enough to get the unused fuel back to the tank.

All my observations have been with the engine not running.

Originally posted by pwrhws

My question, is it normal for the pump to run fuel out the bypass all the time or am I just pushing too much fuel at one time.

Mike,
Im trying to understand what you are saying here. When you say "bypass" are you taking about the regulator and if so you are hearing the hissing noise coming from there like its returning fuel to the tank? If so that normal to hear that as mine made the noise with a single pump running ,then my home made DP set up too(engine off). Do you have pics of your set up? I always tought a set up like that would work well.

Mine shuld make lots of noise now with the Weldon on the stock fuel rail.
;)

The line sizes are fine. Any restriction in flow would be in the ATR coupler which is much smaller internally than a -8 line?

If the wire is warm [or not], I would have used a 10 ga. wire at least to feed 2 pumps.

i have got 8ga running from the alternator to the relay, then 12 ga to each pump.

The bypass in the pump itself. The little check valve near the outlet of the pump.

I have the tank hanging down under the car now, I was running the pumps half installed in the tank (so I could see what was going on) and they are spraying fuel out the relief in the top of the pump.

Each pump is fine on it's own. They just go into "bypass" when both run.