Dual Spal Fans/Casper Wire Harness

allblackcars

War Eagle
It seems that the two connectors dont mate.

Attachments

• picture of wire harness.zip
    136.5 KB · Views: 119
I had the exact same problem! Luckily I had weather pack connectors to correct the issue. Check the part number on the bag of the harness with the part number on casper's website. I remember I found different numbers on bag vs website, this was a couple years ago though. Call or email them asap!

109088 is the part number on the Caspers site and its the number on my package...I did notice there was an adapter for the TTA on Caspers site, I wonder if thats what I need

I ran into this and luckily figured it out ahead of time. Spal sells 2 different fan setups. The better of the two has the weatherpack connectors. If you call and speak with John, he will put the correct connectors on for you before shipping. The spal website specifies which connector is used so you can get the guys at caspers on the same page. Mine work great! Well worth the money!!!

Spal did a running change. The original connectors were unsealed, black in color, "T" shaped using 6.3mm male terminals. Then they started using sealed Metripack connectors at some point, which I believe is current new production.

The best I can determine is that they use the sealed connectors on the 12 in. dual fans, and the unsealed connectors on the 11 in. dual fan setup. This could be where the mismatch sets in.

Your application apparently was fitted with unsealed connectors. What color are they? The original setup used black T connectors.

Pictures of Both Connectors

Which one need to be sent back

Attachments

• pic of casper connector.jpg
    pic of casper connector.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 292
  • pic of spal connector.jpg
    pic of spal connector.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 404
The best I can determine is that they use the sealed connectors on the 12 in. dual fans, and the unsealed connectors on the 11 in. dual fan setup. This could be where the mismatch sets in.

Your application apparently was fitted with unsealed connectors. What color are they? The original setup used black T connectors.

Thats right! The 11" come with the unsealed and the 12" come with the sealed connectors! I personally like the sealed connectors just for the peace of mind! The weather out here in montana is unpredictable! I dont like to have my car out in the rain much but sometimes it happens!

Dilemma. I personally prefer sealed connectors. A call to Caspers, ask for sealed SPAL kit mates, then install them on the wires from SPAL. You'd have to crimp the wires onto the terminals and assemble them. Or, you might consider a pair of pigtails where you can solder them in place on the wiring.

Alternatively, Caspers can supply an adapter for each connector, male T style on one end, male sealed on the other, maybe 3 in. long. If it were my car, I'd do away with the unsealed connections and go for the mating connector...but that's just me.

Why SPAL ships the dual 11 in. fans with unsealed connectors is beyond me.

dilemma. I personally prefer sealed connectors. A call to caspers, ask for sealed spal kit mates, then install them on the wires from spal. You'd have to crimp the wires onto the terminals and assemble them. Or, you might consider a pair of pigtails where you can solder them in place on the wiring.

Alternatively, caspers can supply an adapter for each connector, male t style on one end, male sealed on the other, maybe 3 in. Long. If it were my car, i'd do away with the unsealed connections and go for the mating connector...but that's just me.

Why spal ships the dual 11 in. Fans with unsealed connectors is beyond me.

x2!