Dual fans from Ramchargers...how to wire to switch?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I just bought the dual fan setup from ramchargers without the harness...just the fan assembly...before I used my stock fan and I had it hot-wired to a toggle switch inside the car...I ran two wires off the wiring harness inside the motor compartment where the fan relays used to be...I ran two wires off the power wire (redish pink) and ran one wire to the positive terminal and one wire to the negative terminal on the stock fan...it worked perfectly and I could control my fan whenever I wanted to even with the car off...

well how the heck do you wire the new fan setup like this? Can I cut off the current connector that is on the fan setup and hotwire my two wires I used before into this new fan? I see there are 4 wires in the connector? which color wires do I use for positive and negative???

Lemme simplify...

I am no longer using the stock relays...they are all disconnected...basically what I was doing before was running a power wire that I spliced into the pinkish power wire that used to connect to the relay box...ran a straight wire from that to the positive terminal on the factory fan...then I took the ground wire in the harness (don't remember which color) and spliced into that and ran a straight wire from that to the negative terminal on the fan...

not using relays and no fuses I guess...the wires never got hot and the fan ran on high all the time when I had the switch flipped on no matter if the car was on or not...

OR should I do this a different way? should I go back to using the relays???

Go back to using the relays.

Wire the switch to the relays so that you don't have full power running through the switch. You are undoubtedly loosing power through the length of wires you have added.

Ryan

oops...just went out to check how I have the fan wired and I forgot I got rid of all 3 relays!:rolleyes:

I can't believe I forgot how I wired this thing but I just looked at it and I noticed I tied two red power wires together coming out of the fan harness on the driver side...then I tied one thick wire to that and ran it to a terminal on the fan...the other terminal on the fan goes inside the car to the 20 amp switch...I guess I must have just looped the circuit somehow...I might be using the factory fuse box in this system and not even know it...

I need help! I am going to go dig for those relays in my "stock parts" box and see if I can reinstall them...