DSE Steering Shaft

Here is the shaft installed, sorry for the bad pic's......In the picture below it shows the DSE u-joint attached to the factory Double D steering shaft.
DSE steering shaft 010.jpg

The kit includes a vibration reducing joint designed to insure that improved steering feel does not come at the cost of harshness or vibration. (Vibration joint pictured below)
DSE steering shaft 011.jpg

Got mine delivered at the end of last week, was out on a jobsite and didn't have a chance to post. Looks really nice from the initial checkover, has enough hardware/keyways/etc... to keep any play out of the system.

Unfortunately, it won't be on the car until the Memorial Day timeframe, as the car is in Chicago and I'm living down in KC now. Should have the car down here by then... I'll post an update after installation.

Thanks for the help, Scot.

Update!

The new DSE steering shaft is installed along with the new gear box and everything is working fine!

so how does it feel compared to the stock shaft of jeep shaft?
Don't know yet, The car is still on jack stands awaiting the rest of the body panels to arrive.... Once I know I will definitely post about it.

I finally got my car to KC in July, and found my new DSE shaft again last week. Need to hit it with some clear, then it will be time to get it installed. Hopefully within a week... moving really messes up your life, lol...

Any update?
Sorry for not getting back sooner and posting some results.... This past weekend was another auto-x and the new steering shaft makes a Big difference! Nice and solid feel and the Slop of the factory rag joint is all gone...

Thanks scot, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'll be ordering one sometime this week.

I've had the DSE shaft for awhile, works great and steering is tight as ever. Plus its a nice piece of jewelry under the hood, it looks great. One cool thing about DSE is I was going with an oversized, modern LEE steering box they sell and they custom splined the steering shaft to fit for free, can't beat that!

Just out of curiosity is this the shaft that is being discussed?

http://www.detroitspeed.com/1978-1988-G-Body-Products/092519-steering-shaft-kit.html

And Scot is there a gearbox that would be a good upgrade for us?

Here is my take on our steering boxes...We already have a quick ratio steering box in our Turbo Regals so why spend extra money on another quick ratio steering box? I just called Kirban and they sent me a new one and it works fantastic..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Reviving this thread. Scot, sent you an email. Might be time for this upgrade to remove the steering slop I have.

Nice write-up by the way. Thanks!

Before the install clear coat it or it will rust. I learned the hard way

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk