Driving the GN today, feeling good and then major depression set in.

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Took the Hoosier QTP's and skinnies off the GN today and put the TT2's back on. Nice day so took the car out for a quick spin. It was running great and cruised thru town before heading home. Was nice to get out with the windows down after the long winter around here.

Well, what do I see heading in my direction but a 1966 pro street Chevelle with a blower sticking out thru the hood. Wasn't my old car but man did seeing that coming at me get me down. Sometimes I miss driving around in a car that just makes people stop in their tracks. At least no one yelled "nice Monte" to me today.:)

Here is what mine looked like.

BM2.JPG

superchevycoversmall.jpg

My Chevelle was somewhere in NY, Would really like to track it down to see what happened to it.

I would rather have that happen while cruising then the top radiator hose come off while driving. Looked like the Jolly Green Giant blew his load all over my engine bay.

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Took the Hoosier QTP's and skinnies off the GN today and put the TT2's back on. Nice day so took the car out for a quick spin. It was running great and cruised thru town before heading home. Was nice to get out with the windows down after the long winter around here.

Well, what do I see heading in my direction but a 1966 pro street Chevelle with a blower sticking out thru the hood. Wasn't my old car but man did seeing that coming at me get me down. Sometimes I miss driving around in a car that just makes people stop in their tracks. At least no one yelled "nice Monte" to me today.:)

Here is what mine looked like.

Mark,

Have to totally agree with you winter in CT has felt extra long.

Took the left over Christmas boxes off the GN on Saturday and went for a spin. Man was it nice. I was getting over the sadness of my father selling his low mileage (low 40K) 70 Corvette Convertible earlier Saturday morning. Or should I say the anger as he replaced it with a 2005 Honda S2000. Talk about depressing!

'66 Chevelle's are my all-time favorite muscle car. The 67's front ends don't do it for me. If I ever had the opportuniy and the $$$, I'd buy a '66 in a second *sigh*

:D

I have that issue. Nice car. Its cool though, because even after you sell it, its "your car", know what I mean? Its like when Rad Rides builds a car, no one knows or cares who bought it, Troy built it.

Originally posted by turbosam6
I have that issue. Nice car. Its cool though, because even after you sell it, its "your car", know what I mean? Its like when Rad Rides builds a car, no one knows or cares who bought it, Troy built it.

Unfortunately, the guy that bought it from me decided to make it his own and transformed it into a circus machine. He paid for it so he could do what he wanted. Lots of people saw it at Super Chevy the year after I sold it and thought I had gone over the deep end only it wasn't me.:D

chevellepresentday.jpg

He ended up getting divorced and sold it to another guy without the motor who was trying to get it back to how I had it.

He built an 8-71 427 for it and killed the cam on it's maiden voyage and decided to sell the car without the motor again.

Lost track of it, anyone in NY or NJ see it recently. Would be tempted to buy it back at the right price and put a TR motor in it!:D

Re: Re: Driving the GN today, feeling good and then major depression set in.

Originally posted by VinsGN
snip... Took the left over Christmas boxes off the GN on Saturday and went for a spin...snip

You had boxes sitting on your car? :eek:

You are torn between your OLD love & new one.

I hear you nobody really understands the Buick monte,gp,cutlass,regals

But when you see a 66 VELLE or a MEAN GTO coming at you even GRANDMA knows what it is.

I miss my 67 Chevelle and I have dreams all the time about tubbing it and adding a blower. I was looking at blowers for it in high school but never got to do it b/c the motor went bad. I ended up building a 383 for it which was the first one to be done around here back in 1984 plus I got the factory front end to tilt which got all kinds of praise. Part of me would LOVE to do a BBC, 8-71 to a 66/67 but I don't have the ambition to do it.

ks:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Driving the GN today, feeling good and then major depression set in.

Originally posted by ViciousV6
You had boxes sitting on your car? :eek:

I know, I know…. That did not sound good. The paint on the car is not perfect (113K mile original paint car), the five or six clothing present boxes were empty and there was a car cover on it. With a baby on the way and the entire garage is a disaster d/t home improvements. :D

Know what you mean.

I sold my toy/race truck to this guy who does nothing but worry about it. He parks way out in parking lots like I used to. He always keeps it spotless and buying little gifts for it. Once I slipped up and asked him how my truck has been doing. I feel better than if he had pimped it out. He did ask me what color neon lights he should put on it, I told him the black ones you can't see at night:)