Driving new toy 650 miles Sat.: contacts from OK to IA requested!

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
Not really tech, but may end up needing it... hope not! Some of you may remember me... or not! I've been away from TR's for a few years and will be driving my new toy (TurboTed231's hybrid RX7/LC2) home from Broken Arrow, OK, to Davenport, IA this Saturday, 3/1 . My wife will be driving a support vehicle (tools, jack, etc) and we'll be leaving early Sat. morn from Ted's place. I am impressed with Ted's work and am seriously doubting I'll need anything, but you never *really* know! If anybody along the route - which includes north to Joplin, MO then to Kansas City, MO, on to Des Moines, IA then east- is willing to shoot me their phone number for me to maybe reach and find a local parts store, shop, or something I'd be much obliged. Like I said, I doubt I'll need it and hope I'm leaning fate in my favor by being OVERLY prepared, but still.. ! Hope for the best but plan for the worst, I say!

Thanks for any willing to reach out to a former and future Buick nut!

Not really tech, but may end up needing it... hope not! Some of you may remember me... or not! I've been away from TR's for a few years and will be driving my new toy (TurboTed231's hybrid RX7/LC2) home from Broken Arrow, OK, to Davenport, IA this Saturday, 3/1 . My wife will be driving a support vehicle (tools, jack, etc) and we'll be leaving early Sat. morn from Ted's place. I am impressed with Ted's work and am seriously doubting I'll need anything, but you never *really* know! If anybody along the route - which includes north to Joplin, MO then to Kansas City, MO, on to Des Moines, IA then east- is willing to shoot me their phone number for me to maybe reach and find a local parts store, shop, or something I'd be much obliged. Like I said, I doubt I'll need it and hope I'm leaning fate in my favor by being OVERLY prepared, but still.. ! Hope for the best but plan for the worst, I say!

I remember you............. Throttle Bodies I think.

Sending PM.:)

Jay is back?!?!

I remember talking to you for a bit when the 04 Power Tour stopped in Davenport.

Good Luck with your new toy.

Heck yes I remember you...still have my 62mm throttlebody installed. A very nice piece of machining.

Welcome back.

Bob

Thanks for the support, Guys! I don't have trailer access and I should be able to get off a lot cheaper on gas this way. Also, I will be able to take some of Ted's spare parts off his hands and not have to worry about anything happening in transport had I gone that route. I'm sure all will be fine and it'll be a fun little adventure! Wish me luck!

I would offer to help however I am only 17 miles from Broken Arrow. If you cannot make it that far there are serious problems.
Shoot me a PM and I will give you my number if want.
Good luck with the road trip!

Thanks for all the support guys, but we made it home safe and sound with only a couple "setbacks."

Thanks, Jay

great !!! I was hallucinating about buying it and driving to Boston !!:eek: good luck with the car :cool:

I use to work at an auto parts store in Broken Arrow. Back in the early '80's, when I was going to college. Haven't heard that name in a LONG time.:) Nice folks, there in Ok. Weather SUCKS! but the people more than made up for it.
Glad your new toy made it home OK, from Ok.

I had a Physics instructor tell us that all about the area's wind currents, and was drawing a BIG map on the white board. He was showing this current and that current going on and on about the weather patterns in Oklahoma. Then all of a sudden he stops, and turns around, and says "Ever wonder why Oklahoma City is the WINDIEST city in the nation?............Because Texas SUCKS and Kansas BLOWS!" :biggrin: There was guy in the class from Texas, and he got up out of his seat and ran up to the instructor and REALLY got into his face.:mad: That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Man.......some people just can't take a joke.:biggrin

Well, some trans and rear probs, but it got me here! Oh yeah, and got pulled over right inside the IA border. Wanted to see my sales paperwork and "reminded" me that the tint would be too dark for IA laws. Was nice and just sent me on my way without even a stern look!